Search results

1. E

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

I understand the principles behind steep bass filters to limit excursion. I just thought "~1/f^4" might have been some actual relationship between frequency and excursion that I was unaware of.
  2. E

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

This may be a bit tangential, but can you explain what you mean by this?
  3. E

Please, for the love of God - Help me. Revel Performa 3 M106.

"Optical Digital Audio Out" is toslink. It's just a simple way to send audio over optical cables and it should introduce absolutely no lag. I use toslink to connect my LG G2 to my DAC, and it works automatically. The one setting you might need to change is to set your optical audio out to PCM...
  4. E

Please, for the love of God - Help me. Revel Performa 3 M106.

Your TV probably has an optical output, so you'll want to connect the TV's optical output to the Wiim's optical input via a toslink cable.
  5. E

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

I had an issue a while back where my left earbud lost most of its output power (particularly bass). I thought it might have been earwax clogging the filter, but even after removing it the volume issue persists. I don't think you blew the drivers without a powerful amp, but there seems to be...
  6. E

Relationship between input voltage and output power?

Slightly less than 25%, but yes. I wouldn't worry about it unless you find yourself needing more volume. And even then a 4V input would only net you an additional ~7db of headroom
  7. E

TANCHJIM KARA IEM Review

Is this supposed to say 3dB mid-bass boost? Great review overall!
  8. E

Which DAC/AMP combo for my Focal Clear OG ?

My issue was with the potentiometer and its lack of low-level granularity. Glad it's working well for you though!
  9. E

Yeah, it happened in my left iem and I already have pretty massive hearing loss in my left ear, so idk how long it took for me to notice the issue. But this was definitely after a few hundred hours of use.
  10. E

You're almost certainly correct, and I think I have a pair of spare filters from when I bought the reds. I'm on a trip right now, so I'll have to check when I get home. My initial impression is that the zero 2 has better deep base but slightly recessed high mids. The reds have an overall more...
  11. E

My left Zero-red recently lost like 15-20dB of output. Just ordered a 7hz zero 2 as an interim replacement
  12. E

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Ooof. Give me a Wiim+Topping DAC over this any day
  13. E

AI Music & Music Ecosystem Thesis experiment

Hi Mark. You might benefit from including an estimate for how long this survey takes. I wasn't anticipating having to take time to actively listen to things.
  14. E

FiiO CP13 Portable Compact Audio Cassette Player Available for Pre-order (if you're quick)

Spoiler: It uses the same crappy cassette mechanism as any other modern cassette.
  15. E

FiiO JD7

The Zeros' fit isn't ideal, but it's miles ahead of the JD7.
  16. E

FiiO JD7

Nahh, Truthear Zero: Red has a better tonality imo and a much better fit
  17. E

Topping G5 - Is the battery serviceable ?

I included an AliExpress link above.
  18. E

Yeah. To be honest I just checked the markings on the battery and googled PN 805080. I found a whole mess of 8mmx50mmx80mm 4000mAh 3.7V batteries, so I think its a semi-standard battery type.
  19. E

Looks like you can get close to a drop-in replacement from amazon or aliexpress.
Top Bottom