Search results

1. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

And before Sonos Logitech cornered the market with their Squeezebox's.
  2. A

How Can I Add EQ To Amazon Music Unlimited Played Via a Wiim Mini?

Yes, but the built in equaliser is pretty course, certainly not enough to correct the frequency response of my headphones. Thanks, I will take a look at at the Qudelix 5K, I hadn't come across that before.
  3. A

How Can I Add EQ To Amazon Music Unlimited Played Via a Wiim Mini?

Hi, I mainly listen to music on my Sennheiser HD660S headphones. The music is sourced from a Wiim Mini, connected to a Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M DAC & headphone amp. The Wiim is controlled by my Android phone or my Chromebook, using either the Wiim Home App or the Amazon Music app. I...
  4. A

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Well when looking for a replacement DAC/headphone amplifier I came across Cambridge Audio selling brand new open box DACMagic 200M's on eBay for under £300 with a 10% off voucher. When I bought the Topping EX5 back in October these were selling for £550 and have a very similar spec to the EX5...
  5. A

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Well I received my Topping EX5 on the 21st of October 2022, and was very pleased with it despite the display often showing the wrong frequency. Two days ago I switched it on and nothing happened. It is completely dead. Fuse and cable OK so contacted Shenzen Audio. Initially the advised sending...
  6. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Yes, I have over 12,000 music tracks on my windows laptop, accessed by Logitech Media Server, so when I switch the laptop on the WiiM can see the music files, search by artist, track, album or playlist and play them via the Wiim App. Not sure if the WiiM can see the metadata and I dont know if...
  7. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

I use Logitech Media Server. The WiiM app displays a simplified representation of this allowing me to search for artists, album, playlists and tracks.
  8. A

Balanced DAC for Powered Speakers and Wiim Mini

i have a Wiim Mini connected to a Topping EX5 combined DAC and headphone amp (which can be used as a pre-amp for powered speakers) which I am pleased with, even though the EX5 has a bug which only shows 44.1KHz irrespective of the source when used on the toslink input.
  9. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thinking of getting a Chromebook for Christmas, so this is helpful to know. Has anyone tried using a Chromebook with an external hard drive and an Upnp app to stream their existing music collection to a WiiM? I currently use Logitech Media Server and a Windows 10 laptop to do this, and don't...
  10. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Cant remember, I've had it for years. It is red coloured.
  11. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

I replaced mine with a QED one. It made no difference to the perceived sound quality. The original played up to 24/192 kHz equally well.
  12. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thanks, I could have sworn I didn't have a "reply" button. I can see it now.
  13. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

When I set the toslink limit to 192kHz 24 bit in the WiiM app I can hear the test music and the app displays a message saying the output is 192kHz 24 bit. However the Topping EX5 still displays 44.1kHz. The same happens when I change the toslink limit to 96kHz 24 bit. Very strange. Perhaps it...
  14. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

I'm a new member here. Hi all. About a month ago I bought a WiiM Mini and am very pleased with it. On Friday, I replaced my old DAC (Cambridge Audio DACMagic 100) with a Topping EX5 DAC/headphone amp. With the DACMagic connected to the WiiM Mini the DAC displayed 24bit 192kHz on certain songs...
Top Bottom