Search results

1. A

Can we find something like that in tidal?

or something that gets close to it. Simplisticity in the recordings
  2. A

simple recordings?

well what do i mean by that. For me that would mean 1-2 music organs, 1 singer and perhaps only 1 microphone. Something that allows you to pinpoint clearly the music sources on the stage. Any tracks that you can suggest for that?
  3. A

1970s and 1980s Students! Reveal yourselves

So I have thought for a nice little surprise for my relatives. I wanted to play some music that was very popular at their time when there were at university. Suggest me some tracks that were popular and if possible tracks that have very good staging. Thanks a lot wonderful people
  4. A

Do schiit stacks make sense price wise?

So building a hifi chain for a first system to upgrade an all in one denon m41 system. The stack should include preamp, perhaps tone controls, dac and an amp. Budget 1500 euros for all components. Do schiit products make sense for their money? What are your thoughts?
  5. A

Can I be just nuts?

So I just came back from a dealer where I have listened to some focal speakers driven with some naim amplifier. I do not think that I need to explain which where the exact speakers and amp combo. It is enough to say that the I was listening to a 5.000 euros system, in an acoustically treated...
  6. A

My first measurements. How do I rate?

Hi all, the above are my first measurements? How my room measures compare to what would you believe is an average listening room? Regards, Alex
  7. A

How do we use aptx

Hi all, I have read that many integrated these days support aptx bluetooth. I understand that aptx is really good quality as it is lossless. Still how do you use it? I guess you need a device that has the music and is supporting aptx. Do you have a phone for example that supports it? Since I am...
  8. A

How to keep the levels of perceived volume the same?

Hi all, one constant struggle that I have is that I need to keep changing the volume up and down of the different tracks that I play. Is there a way to somehow level automatically the volume levels to keep the perceived volumes kind of constant? This is probably especially a problem when I am...
  9. A

How to do EQ right?

So I am very new to this. I am listening to relatively low volumes and I have tried for the first time turning in my Wiim streamer the EQ option and I picked the loudness setting. I know that this is not the "ideal" implementation as the EQ applied need to change with the volume levels buts...
  10. A

Can we really boost bass?

So I see that many EQs try to boost bass and I wonder if this is an attempted bad fix for a speaker that does not go too low. For example the EQ loudness in my Wiim is boosting lower frequencies and boosts a bit the higher frequencies. Can those boosted lower frequencies just increase distortion...
  11. A

Turntable atop of other devices

Hi all, I have a relative small surface in my living room where two devices are side by side like the picture below: i also plan to get a turntable, budget max 1000 euros that I will connect to the amp. Is it possible to put the turntable above the two devices? Depth wise the CD transport and...
  12. A

Add radio tuner

Hi all, I had this discussion with a friend this evening and we both have found that we have been clueless. Todays integrated do not have very often radio tuner, my friend was saying that him and his wife like this idea of listening to radio to their "big speakers". What is the best way to add...
  13. A

How can we add fm and dab radio

to an integrated? Which is the external unit that we need to buy and throw them into the integrated? Regards, Alex
  14. A

Can we imitate loudness dial?

Hi all I know this is not a popular topic but If I have treble and bass dials cant I immitate loundness control? Is not loudness control boosting bass and treble at low volumes? If yes what can be starting dial point? Regards Alex
  15. A

Pre out or subwoofer out

Hi all, what is the difference between pre out and subwoofer out? 1. I have seen amps with L and R pre out and without subwoofer out. My thinking always was that this was for the subwoofer (thinking also of stereo subwoofer) 2. My tiny all in one denon has only a single subwoofer out and not pre...
  16. A

Room modes

Good morning all. When we sit relatively close to speakers and not listen at loud volumes, do we excite all room modes? I know this is a very weird question but I am trying to understand if room issues become prevalent when you play loud. Regards, Alex
  17. A

WiiM for Windows

Since the Wiim app for windows it looks like a bad joke, I wanted to ask if some of you have ever tried installing it in windows as android app. Is there an androip app simulator in windows that one can use? Regards Alex
  18. A

What do you do with remote controls?

I wanted to understand what you are doing with remote controls. It is more general question: 1. I have kids, small ones so even though we take some measures it is easy that if they grasp something they might brake it. So there is a need for "replacing" them from time to time. 2. Then is the...
  19. A

How an upgrade might look like? Looking for test amp that fits into luggage

This is a real need for this. Currently I am listening to a denon m-41 ultra compact mini system driving my 2.2 system. My two subs are connected on the speaker outputs directly. I would like to feel if a stronger amplifier will sound better (of course more qualitative). In my home country...
  20. A

Do we have pro-ject users around?

that have a build a main system with their components? And probably looks like that? I like that these components are small, seem stackable enough and give me access to 4 components, preamplifier, amplifier, cd transport, phono amplifier I do not seem too many reviews of people having set up...
Top Bottom