Search results

1. T

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

To the best of my knowledge he has no such plans. Bruno looks to fill niches that are underserved. He really altered the amplification landscape, making top performance affordable. His DAC set a new benchmark (intentional pun) in 2013. His analog preamp and phonostage also achieved new...
  2. T

Amirm, I was not referring to your thorough and fair review; rather to unseemly and uninformed comments that occurred in this thread.
  3. T

Measurements of Klyne 7px 3.5 Phono Pre-amp

Very late to this however, Stan Klyne was a no nonsense EE who taught at a college in WA. Peter Aczel and DR Rich gave his products positive reviews in The Audio Critic. I have to believe that product, designed in 1996, had some aging components, when tested in 2018.
  4. T

A brief comment on costs. The Mola Mola DAC was designed in 2013 to be the best possible at that time. In the lab there was further development, with improved specs, about 10dB better (Google for details). Bruno knew that the cost for that version would be yet higher and as this version was...
  5. T

Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

Just had a quick look and firstly their down-to-earth approach to describing their technology is a welcome change from the hyperbole of a certain competitor. The whitepaper is future reading, but a quick skim is convincing enough to be worth my allocating time to do so. "Several' -- my wife...
  6. T

I agree with your statement however perhaps I was not clear in mine. If it is possible for a relative start up, Devialet, to do this, then why is it impossible, not done, etc by well-established and larger firms? A rhetorical question. I'll have to take a look at DEQX again, as I recall...
  7. T

Your reply is sane and sensible, thank you. The hard limiting aspect makes a good deal of sense, and is a point I had entirely forgotten. I do not understand how outboard DSP correction of a passive system would function, but that is my limitation. Your reasoning is why I use active speakers...
  8. T

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/perpetual_p1a_p3a.htm does mention loudspeaker correction although it is never defined. As for DEQX the products I'm aware of are sophisticated active crossovers. I have to ask this again -- why have no other amplifier manufacturers noticed, defined...
  9. T

SAM is for passive speakers; I have suggested a scientific & common-sense method of proving their claim. It will not happen. One can know much about a person by the company they choose. Similarly, one may know a good deal about a firm through observation. * ADH not class D except the current...
  10. T

I am a newcomer here, but far from that as regards high fidelity audio. I do not know Frank as you do, nor do I have any motive to denigrate Devialet. Quite the reverse, I find the actual situation as opposed to what I belived to be the case, shocking and sad. It is never a pleasure to see a...
  11. T

Mon, the reverse is quite true. Your continuing defense of a firm that has devolved from interesting and foward-thinking to one that produces garbage and hype is sad.
  12. T

English seems not to be your first language. This is an idiomatic expression. Sorry, I did not realize it would be a burden for you. Spice Girls, well if that is your taste, then Devialet will likely be right for you. Just one Phantom per room necessary. Omnidirectional too.
  13. T

As mentioned I was enthusiastic about the original product, to the point of strongly considering a purchase. On to your comments above -- the voltage amp is class A the current amp is class D sure sounds like a current-dumper topology SAM. I am aware this was a later development after the...
  14. T

No one can deny you have religious belief. Good luck with that!
  15. T

I already have I already have by pointing out the 1971 patent filing (and subsequent AES paper) that covers this
  16. T

Sorry but you are making the claim on behalf of this firm; prove it!
  17. T

BTW, I was enthused about the original product which was promising. However since then the claims about ADH being something original (Hegel, Linn, and others make the same claims for their current dumpers), SAM (I'm certain the reply to my comment abouve will correct my misapprehension ;-), the...
  18. T

Yes, I did not wish to point this out to the Devialet enthusiast, who is already submerged trying to comprehend that in ADH, the D refers to Digital.
  19. T

If you were to look around you would find enough, beginning with the large number of class D amps that are sold for subwoffer and non-hi-fi use. Since you believe SAM is something else, then what else is it other than a frequency response alteration?
  20. T

Frank, as you are making the claim it is similar but different -- prove it! Explain convincingly how this is the case.
Top Bottom