Search results

1. Hatto

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

This literally can't be real. Is it real? Nah, how can people be THAT stupid?
  2. Hatto

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

It's sad to see a domain expert cave in so easily in the face of empty threats... These companies resort to such scare tactics in desperation hoping to invoke a fear response and when people are scared off so easily, it just encourages more to do the same.
  3. Hatto

Cute new schiit speaker amps

Depends on how sensitive your speakers are.
  4. Hatto

Cute new schiit speaker amps

One overlooked advantage of these amps, especially valuable in my opinion, is ZERO HISS that I've been unable to experience with anything even close to this price range.
  5. Hatto

USB Noise / Ground Loop - Best Solution

Came to say this, but someone beat me to to it. Kudos!
  6. Hatto

Extreme Snake Oil

I recently stumbled upon these before I even heard the "brand" called Synergistic Research: https://www.synergisticresearch.com/acoustics/blackbox/ It's a black box (LITERALLY!!!) that magically transforms sound just by placing somewhere in the room. They won't even bother explaining how, it...
  7. Hatto

HiFi Technology Flatlined Last Century

Nice article, thanks for sharing. I'll name 2: Bone conduction and MEMS drivers
  8. Hatto

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Rest assured they can. I'm using them together.
  9. Hatto

The 'Audiophool' and Streaming

I don't see streaming providers intentionally lying about their promise to the customer to save on paying for bandwidth as a plausible possibility. I've also remember seeing a test of streaming from Tidal/Qobuz being "bitperfect", though I couldn't find it just now.
  10. Hatto

Digital audio used to be stored on videotape — it was the only way we knew how

Nice! This is very interesting, thanks for sharing.
  11. Hatto

You're right, I corrected the numbers, though the point still stands.
  12. Hatto

They're all megaBYTEs, just a capitalization error.
  13. Hatto

The bandwidth requirement for RAW 4K footage at 24fps is 637MBps (excluding any audio channels) and it's compressed down to 2-4MBps. Now the bandwidth requirement for RAW redbook stereo audio (16bit-44.1kHz-2ch) is a mere 0.17MBps, which is insignificant in today's day and age. By comparison...
  14. Hatto

Has the "edit post" feature been removed?

I see. Thanks for the clarification.
  15. Hatto

Has the "edit post" feature been removed?

I can't edit my previous posts. Is that intentional? EDIT: I can edit THIS post, but not some earlier posts. Does the edit post feature have a time limit?
  16. Hatto

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

On the contrary, it IS just 0s and 1s and all streamers DO sound the same (from digital outputs anyways).
  17. Hatto

Topping G5 - Is the battery serviceable ?

I believe your best bet would be to ask Topping, or open a service request on their RMA system for a G5 battery replacement and see where that leads you.
  18. Hatto

Help Shape Fosi Audio's Upcoming K7 DAC AMP with Your User Demands!

You can also consider dual TRS connectors for balanced output instead of XLR in favor of space and aesthetics.
  19. Hatto

SOLD: Hafler DH-220 Stereo Power Amplifier (US)

For sale is a 115W RMS per channel Hafler DH-220 class A/B stereo power amplifier. Working flawlessly with all original internal components, comes complete with original assembly & operation manual and schematics. Cosmetically it's 9.5/10 especially considering its age. This is a vintage...
  20. Hatto

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

Everything, and I mean absolutely everything, involving any and all electronics from recording to storage, playback and sound reproduction can be measured beyond the accuracy of our sensory capabilities. No. We have been able to understand anything and everything in the realm of audio...
Top Bottom