Search results

1. N

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I did also listen to them with the p6 at lower lower volume as compared to Su10, no change.
  2. N

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I started with very low volume on both and only went up to about 40%. Also the measured output on the Su10 is 5.3v while P6 is 7v. So p6 is technically louder in volume. Assuming dacs have no sound, fair enough, they're designed to convert digital to analog which in theory shouldn't produce...
  3. N

What?! Who said ANYTHING about the Su9? You must be mistaken. I compared my onboard Parasound P6 dac to the Su10. And my primary source material was badly produced 90s death metal, which sounded much clearer on the Su10. No difference in volume.
  4. N

Thanks, yeah I want to try out a minidsp next and see the difference in sound without the su10, and compare the EQ'd P6 to the non EQ'd su10.
  5. N

Interesting, seems it's all in our heads. It would explain why under some of those Dac reviews, people in the comments report opposite descriptions about the sound.
  6. N

Yeah that would make sense, but I got the dac basically free from a buddy of mine that didn't want it anymore. So I'm just going to let it sit in my setup. Maybe it has no sound difference and it's all in my head and bias from hearing and taking youtubers words for it, but it shouldn't bother my...
  7. N

How dare I have a different opinion to you sir. And yes, I am the founder of PS audio and SMSL, not so pleased to meet you.
  8. N

What I hear with the su10, matches pretty accurately to how most reviewers described its sound. Better and more controlled low end, better resolution and detail. If I didn't hear a difference, and I NEVER did before, let me make that clear, I have had dacs before in various setups and I couldn't...
  9. N

While I agree, especially if you buy based on spinorama rankings, what I hear with the su10 is not something I can describe as subjective. Sure, listening to perfect recordings, there isn't much difference in the sound with the onboard p6 dac and the su10, but I'm listening to early 90s death...
  10. N

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

Just wanted to add, the term "bright" I used usually refers to detail retrieval and analytical sounding speakers, not that they are very sharp, that's a whole other thing.
  11. N

Well shit, perhaps my ears significantly changed from the time I played music with the onboard dac on the p6 as compared to when I added the su10. Also the "science" means fuck all, if I can audibly hear a vast difference, especially when it's on the positive side. I bet all those YouTubers who...
  12. N

Nothing. Just the p6, didn't know what I was missing. Going to add 2 rythmik LV12m and finally be done with this stereo obsession for good.
  13. N

I just attached my su10 to my parasound p6 and the change in depth, accuracy and detail is night and day. So much for all the people that beat their chest with "dacs have no sound."
  14. N

I have the piano black, if you look on the forum there is a sold sierra lx post and he has pictures of his piano black lx.
  15. N

Yes but even the owner used toe-in when I went to demo their ELX towers. It was a very slight toe-in, but it wasn't straight facing at all.
  16. N

To be honest, I would have preferred the Focal Aria tweeter alongside their SEAS woofer, may have sounded better. I'm also noticing some music such as Led Zeppelin is much brighter than I'm used to. What are you going to replace them with?
  17. N

My previous speaker was the Focal Aria 948, that one also has a hard dome but they have it inverted and yes it was a bit warmer. It's going to take a bit a time with burn in to get used to the LX tweeter, but I don't dislike their brightness, I actually prefer it for jazz and blues, but I just...
  18. N

The LX's arrived yesterday and I have listened to them for a good 4 hours. Definitely not enough time to really bring out what these are capable of, but nonetheless, I am impressed. They are large for bookshelf speakers, each one is about 20 pounds and hasabout 14.25 inches of height. They...
Top Bottom