Search results

1. RKV1

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I've met Amirm, he's not going to be intimidated. I feel sorry for EA's lawyer friend.
  2. RKV1

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Does anybody have a "Cliff Notes" version of this long thread? I just returned from the eclipse and I'm way way behind. :cool:
  3. RKV1

2024 Total Solar Eclipse

Best shot yet. Just the way I saw it in Dallas. Got uber lucky, the clouds cleared just before the first diamond ring.
  4. RKV1

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

Yamaha of the US would also demolish problem child units. That way they couldn't be resold and potentially sully the brand name.
  5. RKV1

ClassG33 wants it replaced so calling the dealer/distributor is the best route. A tech would not have the authority to do that.
  6. RKV1

Call McIntosh's Tech Support line (607)723-3512 ask for Chuck Hinton(Tech Support) or John Messemer(Service Manager). There maybe other techs there that could help too.
  7. RKV1

Does the noise change if you turn the LED meter lights off? In any case, it would be best to talk to John or Chuck at McIntosh service.
  8. RKV1

In our shop we use to call bizarre problems like this "good ones". Has the OP tried moving the amp down to the floor or into the lower cubby hole?
  9. RKV1

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

A service shop with a bit of repaired vintage equipment sales can work as a retirement gig. That's what I did for 12 years before I fully retired.
  10. RKV1

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Still too expensive for most repair shops. A QA403 would be a better fit.
  11. RKV1

Driver Transistors in Yamaha AX-592

Also check the resistors around the driver and output transistors. They are marked with an exclamation mark within a triangle on the schematic.
  12. RKV1

I just Fried fairly expensive AVR which is NOT mine

I have outputs to win, dual emitter resistors to place and output Zobel resistor to show. "No problem found"/ firmware update as a 50 to 1 long shot but closing fast. ;)
Top Bottom