Search results

1. Short38

Extreme Snake Oil

The Synergistic Research video should probably be moved to the Call for Humor thread. Owner seemed flustered by first question about the mat. The TAS guy helped him along by referencing noise floor or something. Glad that the TAS guy is sober….
  2. Short38

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Tulip El Nino after rain
  3. Short38

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Sergi Rachmaninov John Vickers Howard Hansen
  4. Short38

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Two things converged today: An article in MoneyWise about the late Charlie Munger of Berkshire Hathaway wherein he observed that envy not greed made the world go round and asked “Who the hell needs a Rolex…?” The latest issue of Stereophile has reviews of two passive loudspeakers costing...
  5. Short38

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

This is a wonderful post, thank you for your generous contribution. I’d be fine with nearly all of these and really like the home brewed speakers. Think I’ll pull out some retired drivers and a signal processor and go to work!
  6. Short38

Extreme Snake Oil

So many things that could be improved with little effort: 1. One too many R’s in the name of the speakers. 2. Resonators need to be treated as a system to wit place a resonator in the four corners of the room. 3. The resonators need to be isolated by a carefully selected composite base. 4...
  7. Short38

Stereophile and Audio Cables

He’s dead Bob….nearly 500 posts leading nowhere. State hypothesis, test hypothesis or go to sleep.
  8. Short38

Stereophile and Audio Cables

Smartest take on cables I have read. When assembling various speakers I am always amazed by that tiny strand of wire from the terminals to the voice coil and then the bizarre melange of materials associated with expensive speaker cables and binding posts.
  9. Short38

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

Set up a spreadsheet. Outline a years worth of applicable expense: rent, utilities, connectivity, licenses, fees, insurance, furniture, inventory, plus? Assume 0 income during the first year. Can you survive and continue? What is your “value proposition”? Only dealer I respected did the...
  10. Short38

New Magico M7 speakers

The video shows that they are monoblocks. There is an entire shelf of D’Agostino equipment. Didn’t have the sound on so am not sure why the shelf is there. Way beyond my feeble brain to understand.
  11. Short38

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Amen to MKR. If after the mdf cabinet is built there is/are resonances(s), hit the interior with modeling clay. A 25lb block per side applied to the offending panels should kill anything audible.
  12. Short38

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Love child of JBL Paragon and Klipsch with a touch of big Genelecs.
  13. Short38

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Thank you Amir. Another manufacturer to be avoided at all costs.
  14. Short38

Extreme Snake Oil

15. Short38

Let Your Voice Help Us Make an All-In-One

Total modularity as outlined by JeremyFife would be very smart design. Definitely a separate UDP tray loader.
  16. Short38

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

Is there a setting in the 400ES which allows the gain setting for balanced output to be changed from +2db ? Just curious the dac works fine with the “default” setting. Thanks for any input.
Top Bottom