Search results

1. ribonucleic

Are Mogami cables worth it?

Final Draft is the industry standard screenwriting software and it is not good quality. Just saying one doesn’t guarantee the other.
  2. ribonucleic

CD vs hi-res

Speak for yourself.
  3. ribonucleic

AM radio memories

Just thought of this for the first time in.. [checks calendar] ... 40 years.
  4. ribonucleic

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

It’s the principle of the thing. :)
  5. ribonucleic

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

What can I tell you? I have great taste in music.
  6. ribonucleic

AM radio memories

With BMW, Volkswagen, and the car company run by the Twitter guy in his spare time omitting AM radio from some new car models, it is time for we Olds to gather around the fire and share our memories of the format as it dwindles away into the cold mists of history. For me, it’s listening to...
  7. ribonucleic

Stereophile's Jim Austin disagrees w Atkinson; says tubes have something that can't be measured

I rank it in the middle of the third quartile of visual attractiveness for tube amps. Not competitive, as our host would say.
  8. ribonucleic

When Apple stopped putting floppy drives in its computers, it was criticized for abandoning the significant number of customers who were still using them. The move accelerated the final transition to hard drives. And while there are a few people with old floppy discs whose contents they’d like...
  9. ribonucleic

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I was recently thinking about how frequently I've been grooving to the sound from my iPhone speaker - which can't be much above AM quality.
  10. ribonucleic

So for an A70 Pro/D70 Pro stack, would Blue Jeans Cable do a custom order for 6 inch XLR interconnects? Worlds Best Cable sells these Canare L-4E6S jobs but I'd prefer the lower capacitance of the Belden 1800F.
  11. ribonucleic

Is there? :) AFAIK none of the Bluetooth codecs can reliably stream lossless Redbook even in the forgiving conditions of a living room. Sure, 320 is probably indistinguishable. But it would seem a shame to feed a measurements monster like this anything less nutritious than FLAC.
  12. ribonucleic

On the other hand, if you are... How many distortion-free decibels could this squeeze out of the Dan Clark Stealth versus the RME ADI-2 FS?
  13. ribonucleic

Soooo... changing the subject... According to the manual, those things on the back are "balanced XLR + 6.35mm TRS combo inputs". Are those as good as regular balanced XLR inputs?
  14. ribonucleic

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Whatever part of the purchase price went towards MQA (five bucks?) is money I’d rather they spent on balanced outputs.
  15. ribonucleic

So is it fair to say that we're in endgame territory here? There are no longer any meaningful improvements that can be made to the measurements or output. All that's left is to make prettier screens, more full-featured remote controls, or other peripheral concerns.
  16. ribonucleic

Amusing myself thinking how this measures against the McIntosh MHA150 - discontinued but with limited quantities still available at 11 times the price. Of course the Topping doesn't have blue meters...
  17. ribonucleic

This DAC may not look like much but she’s got it where it counts.
  18. ribonucleic

Now that it’s been vanquished, think of it as your enemy’s head on a pole outside your castle.
  19. ribonucleic

Bluetooth 5.3 (iPhone) sound quality?

With the various better-audio Bluetooth codecs looking unlkely to be supported in iPhones any time soon, what kind of audio quality can the current Bluetooth 5.3 be expected to provide? If it can produce the equivalent of 256 kbps MP3, that would be… adequate.
  20. ribonucleic

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

So much for sapping one’s ambition, eh? I don’t know if 420 culture extends to Germany. But it is a completely arbitrary number, after all. They could have named it the 425, which sounds even more high performance.
Top Bottom