Search results

1. Dinesh Menon

PA and Studio Monitor speakers vs HiFi modified sound

I agree with you on Sony. JBL is going great in PA Systems, Studio Monitors, Home Audio Systems and Party Speakers. While Yamaha excels in PA Systems, Studio Monitors and Home Audio Systems. Polk is a VFM brand.
  2. Dinesh Menon

So true : 1) PA - Public Address system : Collection of equipments, used to amplify and distribute sound to a larger audience. in a concert, speeches, announcements or corporate events. Suitable for large bands, spoken word or recitals. 2) Studios Monitors : Active speakers designed to have a...
  3. Dinesh Menon

You have highlighted the main difference between the studio monitors and home audio speakers. Categories of speakers designed for different purposes. Nowadays we have powerful Party speakers also.
  4. Dinesh Menon

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

This unique modular design is a future proof concept. So you've a great collection of amplifiers as well. Inexpensive for you is premium for me. Happy weekend.
  5. Dinesh Menon

You are right. It's all about budget and refinement. But mighty YGs will need a powerful, expensive amplifier to drive them efficiently. Yes no regular maintenance/services required, so that's a huge saving. A Porsche in your living room and another one in your porch, a celebrity's life style.
  6. Dinesh Menon

$269,000 per pair, these speakers are more than double the price of a 2024 Porsche 911- From $114,400. So you are an audiophile connoisseur.
  7. Dinesh Menon

Are Super tweeters worth it?

Your projects are so precise and exhaustive that they may exceed the R&D efforts of established manufacturers of audio systems. I went through your project thread, discovered the intricacies and implementation of corrective measurements. Frankly it's too complex for a newbie like me to grasp all...
  8. Dinesh Menon

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

I just have a Sony SA-D100 (4.1 multimedia system) which replaced my old Philips Sound Machine. Never owned a stereo amplifier or an AVR. What I've found out about the AVR's advantages are as follows: AVR has atleast 5 built-in audio amplifiers along with a subwoofer preamp output. It can enable...
  9. Dinesh Menon

Are passive radiator monitors true superior to ported, or are there any cons?

I know it's an old thread, still wished to draw our FMs attention to the humble Polk T50 Floor standing speakers with 2 passive radiators, which measured well in Amir Sir's test. Is it a good buy even today ?
  10. Dinesh Menon

Break from Tekton Thread

Supremely Soothing Symphony by Nature.
  11. Dinesh Menon

Break from Tekton Thread

Happy to see Tekton trouble is taken off. So what's the takeaway for a safe getaway in the future? Maybe putting a Disclaimer in the reviews and avoiding such Makes & Types. Congrats Amir Sir for your Grit & Resolve. Talented artists create melodious music, entertaining us and soothing our...
  12. Dinesh Menon

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

One Erin and an Eric. What's in a name ?? Both sounds different !! One is objective about his subject; Other is subjective about his object. We audio geeks refer to Erin & ASR for objects with the best measures. Both Erin & Amir have illustrious credentials. They've earned our trust. Best...
  13. Dinesh Menon

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

I voted 'No'. As I'm still with my Sony system, Toshiba Boombox and LG DVD player. Looking for a proper audio system. Almost finalized for a stereo format, but then further search and research takes me towards the AVR route.
  14. Dinesh Menon

What electronic audio products you want tested most

Yamaha A-S301 is always topping in the '10 Killer Speaker Amps from $60 - $600' list of Randy (cheapaudioman channel). Similarly Sony SSCS5 always find a place in his 'Top Ten Favourite Speakers' list. Both are selected in his latest list of 2024: Many may not take his ratings or rantings...
  15. Dinesh Menon

Now many of the Denon integrated amps and AVRs are selling at a heavily discounted prices here. While Yamaha never dips that low. Klipsch speakers always looked exotic with their Tractrix Horn and Ceramettalic Woofers. And supposed to give scintillating sound output. Amir Sir's test took the...
  16. Dinesh Menon

I can see many audio products which didn't measure well here being hailed as the best ones on YouTube channels and websites. These sponsored reviewers, when confronted with 'real test results' will say that those expert reviews are highly Subjective Opinions. ( I've read it in many times) Fact...
  17. Dinesh Menon

Thanks for your valuable guidance. As you said, our forum is more about stereo format, and the AVR companies are not ready to face the testing standards of ASR forum. I recall Denon PMA-600NE failing the test and Yamaha R-S202 got recommended. While the sponsored reviewers are pushing this...
  18. Dinesh Menon

I never thought on that line. AVRs usually come from big brands with big prices, it should be a privilege for them to be on ASR recommended list. So shouldn't they send it to Amir Sir ? I liked your suggestion, I will be buying it after deciding on the ideal one for me. In India some of the...
  19. Dinesh Menon

Wish we could have more Home Theater AVRs reviews in our forum, which are also good for enjoying music. It seems to be a niche segment ?
  20. Dinesh Menon

Are Super tweeters worth it?

That's the general perception. They are used to supplement the sound of tweeters with more airy-ness. Designed to reproduce ultrasonic frequencies over 20 kHz, beyond the limits of human hearing. Wikipedia say it's designed for psychoacoustic testing, for extended range of Super Audio CD...