Search results

1. Dr.Ames

Are more expensive DACs, e.g. from S.M.S.L., equipped with higher quality, more durable components?

Hello everyone, as a new owner of an SMSL DO300EX, I am “tormented” by the question of whether I would have been better off buying an SMSL D400EX if the service life and freedom from interference of such a device is important to me. Of course, the expensive DAC contains twice the converter chip...
  2. Dr.Ames

Some questions about the S.M.S.L DO300EX (AK4499)

Hello everyone, a few settings on my new DAC continue to puzzle me, which the manual and some internet research have not been able to resolve. DSD filters are narrow and wide. Are these simple low pass filters, in which case it would be advisable to use the narrow filter to suppress any high...
  3. Dr.Ames

Connect an additional 2nd DAC

Hello everyone, As the owner of a Project S2 Digital DAC, I have installed the ASIO driver 5.68.0 from Project under Windows 11. Now I would like to connect the SMSL DO300EX I ordered too. The XMOS_USBAudio_v5.68.0 driver is offered on the manufacturer's website. Somehow it seems to be the same...
  4. Dr.Ames

Foobar DSD Problem with Interference Noises

Hello everyone, Unfortunately, I have been having a very annoying and probably not easy to solve problem with the native playback of DSD files via Foobar and my external DAC (Pre Box S2 Digital) connected via USB. My configuration: Windows 11 Asus Strix X570-E board AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT Foobar...
  5. Dr.Ames

Question about DAC purchase

Hello together and greetings from Germany. Of course I have already followed some discussions here, also the longer ones about the (non)existing sound differences of different DACs. Nevertheless, I would have liked to hear around the assessment of the more experienced forum members here. My...
Top Bottom