Search results

1. F

(UK) Quality Digital Coaxial Right->Left cable?

Yep, that's the one I'm using. But I don't have another, which is the thing. And I'm not a brainiac with audio equipment, so I was hoping for a recommendation on a good brand to get. Don't have the gear, don't have the knowhow, and don't have the hands. Also I'm a bit spaced out from my meds...
  2. F

Don't have any others. And it's an RCA Phono, though it says digital on it? I actually only just found the exact info in the brochure, wasn't in the manual: L Channel Output Jack (RCA phono type) So I need a quality one of these. I know there's gotcha brands out there that do equivalent stuff...
  3. F

The speakers have an odd set up. The source input is an optical SPDIF into the right speaker, then you use this digital cable that takes the output of the right and put it into the left speaker (only has one input and just for that cable). I'll take a pic of the port real quick.
  4. F

One thing I've noticed with my MA-15D's is that the left speaker doesn't quite have the oomph of the right speaker (the heavy one that has all the tuning stuff). Did a bit of googling, and a common reason is that the supplied cable needed to be replaced. Saw mentions of things like shielding...
  5. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Yeah it's a bummer. I decided to go for the SMSL C100 recommended by @fuzzy_logic, since I can at least get in the UK and is pretty decent for the price.
  6. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Ah hell. Went to checkout, and it's only after calculating shipping and trying to purchase they hit me with: A minimum purchase total of 160,00 € (tax excl.) is required to validate your order, current purchase total is 74,17 € (tax excl.). So I have to spend 180 quid total to actually get it...
  7. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Someone said witht wo pairs of different speakers to get a DAC with 2x balanced stereo outputs. I was thinking that if it's to do with the DAC output, get one DAC per pair? It relies on USB input, which is ehhhh. And I also have no spare USB ports except through this splitter I have but it's...
  8. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

No worries. I'm just saying that the SU-1 is coming out as the king of bang for buck by far (at least, without balanced). Yeah I'm coming round to the balanced thing. I don't have a receiver, but a pair of Yamaha speakers. Not bad at all. Hmm.... With the price of balanced dacs, I'm...
  9. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Ahh yeh got it mixed up with other reviews. Is there a way to tell if the DAC is balanced? There's a lot of choice is the thing, and there are more than enough stinkers (i.e, more than 0, such as my Modi Schiit 2 Uber) that I'd like to get a decent shopping list and pick from that. And the SMSL...
  10. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Yeah it's the score in all the reviews. At 150 +/- 10, yeah a few points is within margin of error. But when something close to half the price has a higher score within the margin of error? That's a big difference. Ooh. Right, that is a biggie then. Should I make a new thread then for a...
  11. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Yeah. And if you import from the US, there's import duties and fees to pay as well.
  12. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Ooh, actually, yes. And with Brexit, there's only import duties if the item is >£135 pounds. That is pretty banging. Looking like the top contender in this <£150 price range. Which is surprising! Oof, it's 160 quid. And in that review, scores 2 points lower than the SU-1. Unfortunately the...
  13. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Hmm. Tried doing a google shopping search, only got AliExpress and Amazon results. Have to wait about half a month for it to ship from China (and gl with warranty), Amazon wants £90 for it and doesn't clarify US import fees to the UK AND doesn't have a warranty. That's a real bummer, unfortunately.
  14. F

Decent DAC for £150 max?

Hey everyone. Got a bit of a conundrum. My Schiit Modi2 Uber just died after turning the plug back on after cleaning. Which was weird. Ordered a new power extension lead from Belkin, and now I'm looking at DACs. But there's so many, and the comparisons of the Modi2 are years old with products...
Top Bottom