Search results

1. NickArcade

Need a budget DAC with usb and line-in

SteelSeries GameDAC or GameDAC gen 2. But em used on eBay. I just ordered a gen 1 on eBay to tinker around with as I already own one, and I own 2 gen 2s. If you still don't have one I may be able to work something out with you
  2. NickArcade

ifi iPurifier3 USB Filter Review

What does this have to do with the iFi iPurifier 3?
  3. NickArcade

Celebrity RIP Thread

So tragic...
  4. NickArcade

Steelseries GameDAC Gen 2 for Xbox teardown

I've given up on the idea of attempting to modify the GameDAC gen 2. I already own an iFi SPDIF iPurifier 2, and if or when I upgrade to a Series X I'll just get a decent HDMI audio extractor or AVR and connect it to the SPDIF iPurifier. That would probably solve the issue
  5. NickArcade

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

I sent an inquiry using the contact form "Contact Us" on the website a month and a half ago or so. Should I try a private message this time?
  6. NickArcade

A very nice genius who works on electronics professionally sent me this message regarding my inquiry. What do you guys think? ------
  7. NickArcade

Have you checked out the products from thenaudio such as the sharc or zone 2 pro? I hear their products are fantastic and that they frequently work with HDfury on product development. HDfury has a Discord channel you should check out also that's on their site. I bought a brand new iFi SPDIF...
  8. NickArcade

With a typical extractor you can't get extra features like 120 Hz, HDR, vrr, etc. The premium ones that allow for HDMI 2 features are expensive, ie AVRs (which still apparently have audio latency on Xbox), HDfury, the audio, etc.
  9. NickArcade

I think adding a toslink port to the GameDAC would be a fun project and an interesting challenge. Would the firmware embedded into the device have any impact? I read this old article here that talks about "retrofitting" an optical port onto any DAC...
  10. NickArcade

I'm still playing on Xbox One. I'd rather not use an audio extractor, but I guess that's what essentially an AVR or HDfury vrroom is? What are the disadvantages compared to an onboard extractor or one from DAC? And could it be possible to solder a port into the Steelseries GameDAC without...
  11. NickArcade

Here are photos of the internal components inside the Steelseries GameDAC Gen 2 for Xbox! There were literally no photos online of this teardown showing the internal guts of the device. Apologies for having to take multiple photos. The glare from the light I used made some of the printing from...
  12. NickArcade

Adding TOSLINK passthrough to a DAC that doesn't have it.

How does one go about soldering this to the Astro mixamp or Steelseries GameDAC? They both contain firmware.
  13. NickArcade

Adding TOSLINK passthrough to a DAC that doesn't have it.

I know this thread is old, but the Steelseries GameDAC gen 2 (Xbox version) connects natively to Xbox. There's also a gen 1 version that has optical input. I play on Xbox One so I can daisy chain the two together and have both game and chat audio at the same time
Top Bottom