Search results

1. H

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

No I'm using a USB ground loop eliminator, iFi iDefender+ which costs around $50. This SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC I'm using supposedly measures less good with optical input vs USB so I tried to get the USB to work before resorting to optical. On higher grade DACs optical input should perform as well as...
  2. H

Because 3090 is dumping noise into the "ground" when it's working hard. I went through the same issues with my 3080 haha
  3. H

Don't blame your computer for being "noisy" since that is not the case. The USB noise problems multiple people (myself included) experienced with A90's are in fact ground loops between their PC and external DAC units. Using an optical connection between the PC and DAC will usually solve that...
  4. H

Yeah, it bypasses the PC power and instead lets you inject power from a different source. Most 5V USB power adapters don't have a ground lug... so no ground issues :)
  5. H

I'm happy to report that iFi iDefender solved the GPU noise leakage problem
  6. H

I'm getting two kinds of USB isolators delivered tomorrow, we'll see how either one helps
  7. H

None of the interfaces I have for this PC have XLR outs (Khadas Toneboard and SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK2). I have a Motu 8a that I use for measurements, but I would rather not dedicate a big interface like that to a setup in which I only need a two channel DAC. I was hoping a simple DAC like one of...
  8. H

Using a Mogami RCA cable, I also tried Monoprice RCA cable
  9. H

I'm trying A90 with a SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII and its picking up the same noise from the GPU and PC in general. Quite sad. I know its probably more the DAC's fault for not filtering the USB signal, but still annoying. Gonna try USB filters tomorrow so see if these help.
  10. H

I noticed an issue I'm having with the A90. Whenever my GPU gets loaded heavily, aka while gaming there's a mild static electricity style noise in the background. The noise is present even if I turn the volume on the amplifier down to zero. If I change the gain setting, the amplitude of the...
  11. H

Got a open box A90 (black) from Apos for $420. I've been using JDS Atom for well over a year, with Khadas tone board for a DAC. Before ordering the A90 I tried a THX 789. It sounded cleaner than the Atom but at the same time 789 didn't sound as musical and slightly thinner. The headphones I...
  12. H

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

I "field tested" the apple dongle with my pixel 2 xl + sennheiser momentum 2 (18ohm) at the gym yesterday and the day before yesterday. At 100% volume it sounds plenty loud, it sounded louder, cleaner and more dynamic than what I'd get out of the google dongle at around 85%, beyond 85% google...
  13. H

I've had AKG K701 for a very long time and I never found them to sound too good powered by a portable device. IMHO trying to drive AKG 7XX cans from a portable device's output (or a dongle) to a satisfactory level + fidelity is a bit overly optimistic. If you won't hit the voltage limit you'll...
  14. H

I received the apple usb dongle (ordered from Apple store in the US, shipped from Los Angeles). I didn't take measurements but I can roughly say that the apple dongle at 100% volume sounds as loud as google v1 dongle at 80% (where I'd usually set it), which makes it quite usable with my...
  15. H

I've been using a Pixel 2 XL + sennheiser momentum 2 with the stock 3.5mm dongle since the phone hit the market a year+ ago. Last week the 3.5mm dongle stopped working, so I ordered another copy from the Google store. To my surprise when comparing the new dongle (v2) against another copy of v1...
Top Bottom