Search results

1. J

Revel M105 Copy DIY build

I purchased the morels from EBay… yay. Likely the reason for the issue I am facing. I paid $200/pair. @Pawel any recommendations for learning how to inspect the tweeter for damage? They were a matched pair btw.
  2. J

When I collected measurements of just the tweeters (no crossover network) i did observe a difference in the two. I think I probably need to make some adjustments to the LPAD circuit. it doesn't bother me currently, my receiver/amplifier (Marantz SR6008 made some adjustments Audyssey). When I...
  3. J

I had some Morel ST1108 tweeters and tried to build these Revel M105 Copies. A few differences. Front Baffle thickness is 1.5"thk, all other walls are 1"thk. Interior size of enclosure is the same as this design (the outside dimensions grew to support). Here is the X-over vs. Speaker 1 and...
  4. J

I have taken detailed measurements using the UMIK and REW. This has helped me design the cross over. I did measure that one of the tweeters is more sensitive than the other, so I will need to address that with the x-over design. I ended up implementing an LPAD within the cross over to address...
  5. J

@DanielT I am pairing the scanspeak with Morel ST1108 tweeters. AugerPro helped me adapt a few of his waveguides to mount the Morel. The Morels are definitely better with the WG than without. (I posted a comparison at the other DIY forum). I will check out the posts you linked. Here is a...
  6. J

What size amp are your using to power these? I have been working on a this design but with a different tweeter. I need to pickup a receiver/amp but wondering how big to go on these.
  7. J

Newb...2-way bookshelf X-Over design... 15W/8530K00 & Morel ST1108 Supreme

Any thoughts on what is happening at 250hz or so? Are people just using some smoothing so it doesn't show in the plots?
  8. J

I have glued up the enclosures, mounted the drivers, and taken near field, far field, horizontal and vertical measurements of both raw drivers in the enclosure. Here is a sampling of my progress. The measurements were taken indoors in a large warehouse. The drivers were approx 5' from the...
  9. J

Thank you for the tip. I will make sure not to sweep frequencies which are too low for the tweeter. I think I may even start later than 200hz. I am planning to test outside and follow that measurement guide.
  10. J

When measuring a raw driver with REW, do you run the full 0-20khz sweep on all drivers? Is there a chance that the full sweep can damage the driver (I feel the answer is yes)? I am thinking of running the sweep at the same starting/ending frequencies shown on the individual drivers datasheet...
  11. J

What software would you recommend for software DSP?
  12. J

Few quick questions. 1. I want to test the waveguide I created for the tweeter. Can I use a baffle with the same geometry of the baffle on the enclosure for testing or do I need to mount the tweeter in the enclosure? (reason for doing this is that I don't want to commit to the waveguide shape...
  13. J

I just received the scanspeak drivers and can now finish the enclosures. I created a custom waveguide for the morel tweeters to get better off axis performance and better alignment of the drivers. I definitely need a measurement microphone (still trying to decid on going XLR with some interface...
  14. J

This was super helpful. Up until this point it hasn’t clicked that the first thing to do is to collect the driver data. In my head it was always… build crossover … then collect… then tweak. It seemed like an expensive endeavor. What you proposed is much more reasonable (just need to now sort out...
  15. J

I made some updates... I think I figured out my issue from before. In the excel sheet calculator I put the L-Pad resistor before the crossover (oops) and that was the reason for the difference. Once I fixed that issue, the graphs matched much better. I am hoping for any/all feedback on this...
  16. J

I was under the impression that the datasheet data is the best starting point. I guess then I would need to follow up with some measurements and hope to understand them and also update x-over. I realize the scale of the two images are different but in 1 case the values peak above 90 and in the...
  17. J

I am working on a x-over design for the Revel105 copy, however I am using the Scanspeak 15W/8530K00 and Morel ST1108 supreme tweeters. I am going to mount the Morels in a waveguide as well, by using some of the guidelines from the huge waveguide thread I found on the internet somewhere ;)...
  18. J

Speaker Lining

Troels is the best. Every time I go there I find something new. Thanks for sharing.
  19. J

Speaker Lining

Thank you for the replies. it sounds like the vinyl won't help too much. I was looking at some of the foam options from parts-express, for example, and they seemed to have multi-density layers of foam in their products and I was trying to replicate that.
  20. J

Speaker Lining

I am working on building a set of bookshelf speakers (revel105 copy) and was starting to think about the lining materials. What do folks think about this sort of liner? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4QYG9SV Mass Loaded Vinyl 1.2lb, Soundproofing Noise Barrier. <-- I was able to get some of this...
Top Bottom