Search results

1. P

1st step in sonic clarity, the ear itself...

While it is not the most appealing aspect of Hi-Fidelity, it deserves consideration. Do you have your ears cleared of wax & other debris annually? If you don't, you are likely listening to all your expensive equipment with the effective equivalent of -6Db ear plugs.
  2. P

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

These guys built it for me http://micmodkits.com/other/ Fast & professional Cable works FLAWLESSLY ! My subwoofer has direct connection to BOTH channels from the Topping E50 via the TRS connections, while the RCA jacks feed the monoblocks. PERFECTION !! BTW they call it " Dual TRS Male Stereo...
  3. P

Advice on new speaker decision

I think you have a great system. Mine is similar, I have the Vandy's and a pair of Emotiva monoblock amps, with a Topping E50 as (DAC/Preamp) and WiiM as Optical input. I was pretty happy with the setup but the bass seemed too soft & undefined. I added a subwoofer and my system is complete ! Now...
  4. P

To quote "i.e. balanced out and preamp mode for rca out" Original poster asked. You can SIMULTANEOUSLY output from BOTH Balanced (via TRS) or RCA
  5. P

Yes, the E50 IS A PRE AMP. You can use TRS to balanced or the RCA plugs to your amplified speakers. The remote for the E50, when in preamp mode can control the volume. Just add your source in ie a WiiM streamer and you have a sweet system !
  6. P

This Topping E50 sounds amazing as a pre-amp for a Wiim Pro optical input into a pair of monoblock amps. I'm hearing what seems like 10% more of the source material's details. An example, I was listening to Steely Dan's album, Aja, "Black Cow" all these years I thought it said; Was a Bogart...
  7. P

Budget Power Amps for Speakers from Emotiva, Outlaw and Schiit

I wanted to offer my observations on the BAS X A1 monoblock. Specs: The BasX A1 is a monoblock power amplifier that delivers 200 watts into 8 Ohms and 325 watts into 4 Ohms, with a rated THD+N of < 0.02%, and an A-weighted S/N ratio of 112 dB. The BasX A1 features a heavy-duty linear power...
  8. P

Thank you for that information ! In further research, I found a website that claims to fix this issue. Would this cable resolve my dilemma?
  9. P

My Emotiva Amps have only RCA so that won't work for me. Would the cables I show combine the stereo (mini XLR i.e. TRS) to mono for the SUB Female single XLR input?
  10. P

Would this work? A pair of TRS male to XLR male mated to XLR3 male to Dual XLR3 female Y Cable and plug the single male lead to the SUB ?
  11. P

I like this, has anyone done this? It would be great if I can use the RCA outs to my monoblocks & the pair of balanced to my SUB (you need BOTH channels for all the bass right?) However, my sub has only 1 XLR input but 2 RCA & 2 Line level inputs & LFE (RCA) so HOW, would I do this ?
Top Bottom