Search results

1. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

Ahh, ok,.... ;)
  2. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

:) ... Yes ... "All hands to the Faders" !!! ... ;):)
  3. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

??? What ??, do you mean in 1959 ??? Certainly NOT DBX :D I'd seriously doubt there would have been much, if ANY dynamic range companding/expansion or Noise reduction technologies being used, ... back then .. (well for those sessions anyway), ... I might be wrong ofcourse ... ;)
  4. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

Well, sort of,.. but not really,..LOL Without a Limiter, it simply isn't 'limiting' the Peaks, thereby not compromising the Dynamic range :) Well ALL copies released, are ALL from the Same Session and actual 'Takes', so differences in Sound etc can Only be because of later re-mastering attempts...
  5. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

Hmmm, well, I just listened to That version and I don't like it :confused: Much like what has been 'suggested' on Many sites about the process of people 'Filtering' and trying to reduce the 1959 'Quality' from the Source to try and provide the new Digital, ours is best, Audiophile (expensive)...
  6. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

Yeah, every now and then, (after not having listened to it in a while), you DO, ... it knocks your 'Socks Off' and you just sit there, literally 'Stunned' at How amazingly good the Playing & songs are, let alone how good the overall Sound is !! Such a great collection of individual players ...
  7. stoo23

Celebrity RIP Thread

Oh wow, :confused: I toured and did Stage Monitors with him when he came to Australia and played with "New Race" a later 'incarnation' of "Radio Birdman"
  8. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

And doesn't the Master sound SO Good !!?? Mmmmm as Rolling Stone once suggested, "A fine example of 'Dan under glass" LOL
  9. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

Absolutely !! Great sound, / balance, Great musicians and playing and great ... Dynamics !! In a Word, 'Excellent' !! :)
  10. stoo23

Excellent CD Masters

Hi there, Well, perhaps Miles' Trumpet isn't 'Distorted' but a few other instruments are !! "So What" .... Distortion in both channels but particularly BAD and loud in the right channel on the backing horns !! "Freddie Freeloader" ... Clear distortion, both channels from the start but mainly in...
  11. stoo23

Extreme Snake Oil

I LOVE that 'Liutaineaudio' article written for 'Luxury Launches',.... :) ... the included 'bio' of guy that wrote the article states: I must write to Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini to suggest they hire a HiFi aficionado to review and 'Launch' their next new models ;):D I guess at least you...
  12. stoo23

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Wow, I am Really surprised NO one has mentioned Jeff Beck !!! Plus perhaps David Crosby, as he seemed to be in a new era of great material in his last years.
  13. stoo23

Vocals in a av receiver

???, do you mean in general program material ?? Apart from perhaps certain more elaborate EQ controls, .... I am unaware of any controls or components that are 'responsible' for just the Vocals.
  14. stoo23

What are we listening to right now..

Love this,.. one of my favourite tracks of hers from her First album. Recorded in her kitchen :)
  15. stoo23

Extreme Snake Oil

??? What ??,.. surely you 'Jest' ;)
  16. stoo23

Extreme Snake Oil

I wonder how many Years must transpire before you can send your 'Burned Out' cables back for a refund,... or should you perhaps argue that they Shouldn't be selling them but merely 'Leasing them' to you,... OH !!,.. Ooops what have I suggested ???, that could earn these Robber Barons even More...
  17. stoo23

Extreme Snake Oil

I find it VERY interesting that; Hmmm OK,..... Really !!??, OK, but it's fine to hand-off this 'logistically involved' and Obviously Seriously Time consuming task to your Dealers !! What a total pack of,.... (Insert appropriate expletive) ;):) I would have loved to have had the contract to...
  18. stoo23

Please help. Mic, speakers and headphones!

Is it actually a REAL Shure SM7 ?? The design of the SM7 allows you to get Very close, Without causing any undue 'proximity' effect or being a problem for the mic, (like the aforementioned EV RE-20, it can handle decent levels). I am seriously surprised you are having level 'issues', Especially...
  19. stoo23

DAC with input switching

:) Well, There you go Thanks for confirming the 'Theory' as Possible ;):):cool:
Top Bottom