Search results

1. M

How to connect headphone-amplifier to my soundcard

Thanks. I think then that the sabaj comes in very handy, because I can switch sources on it. So I do not need 3/4 output on the rme babyface, which only has speaker output 1/2.
  2. M

Sorry for being confusing. I a guy on youtube, mentioning the following: He said that one can get better audio-quality from a headphone-amplifier, if one connects the main-outputs of a soundcard (which are normally connected to the speakers, through a line-connection) to the...
  3. M

Thanks for the detailed reply. Yeah the steinberg ur22 is a funky piece of kit. Supersolid, superbad inputs... hahaha But for the times it was made it was good. But a lot has changed in the interface-world since those days... I used "normal" line cables.... I am getting a babyface mkI because...
  4. M

Sorry for my very delayed answer, I am very grateful to you guys supporting audiophile tendencies in our world. Bought the recommended sabaj for 2412023. Will report after christmas, on my satisfaction, with the amp... I am unsure, if one gets better output of a soundcard, if one connects a...
  5. M

Jeez just tried uad plugins for 1st time in my life. Best plugins I ever used. So now I am confused again... Thing is I am not very keen on being caught in the spark subscription system. But I thought that I only go into spark when I record something and the other time, stay with my current...
  6. M

You mean motu m2 + soundblaster or babyface + sabaj?
  7. M

I have decided on babyface + sabaj. The audio-examples on the following page were the tipping point in positive terms: https://www.bonedo.de/artikel/rme-babyface/3/ I am sure this combination will satisfy my needs. 340,00 € for the combination incl. cables is also a veryy good price for that...
  8. M

In general I would love to use the following with the babyface instead of the sabaj. Lake-People G103: https://www.thomann.de/de/lake_people_g103_s_mkii.htm I am pretty sure it has substantially better build-quality + made in germany like the babyface, which I value. But I have no Idea if I...
  9. M

Thanks I need one channel of analog-input for drum-machine, synth, guitar and eventually voice recordings... I checked the m2 with julian krauses video. I do not like the preamp quality. It is definitely not sufficient, for what I want. I do not need any multichannel at all. Sorry but what is...
  10. M

I have six things to consider in the following order: Internal-Preamp Quality Headphone-Amplifier Quality Build-Quality Portability / the less frankensteiny the better... Build-Ethics Brand Preferences I'm on a windows 10 machine. A surface pro 5 computer tablet. It's got enough power for my...
  11. M

I guess if I went with UAD Apollo Twin X for 1000,00 € I could buy a new Babyface Pro FS with the money instead and be happier, because I think the babyface has better conversion / portability. But suddenly instead of 400,00 € we are talking about 1000,00 € instead... I love my HS-8. I have no...
  12. M

Is there a review of the apollo series on this forum? Is there measurements of UAD-Apollo series on this forum? I couldn't find any... I feel so much craving for a UAD-Interface. I make music since some time. I always heard about the myth of UAD being so good in replicating analogue into...
  13. M

Sorry I think you misunderstood my display of things. I didn't intend an error in telling things. I hope you don't misunderstand. I am thankful for this conversation. Rarely have I seen so much audio knowledge as here. I bought the headbox-s2. I have a steinberg-ur22. I connected both through...
  14. M

Many thanks. I wil start to inform myself. I‘ll first get a basic grasp of dac vs interface and the needs of one… I haven‘t ever seen a dac in real life. Like an rme one or a similar product…
  15. M

Yes I did go to my speakers through the rca out after I went rca into it on the input. But then the problem was, that I couldn’t listen to my headphones without the speakers playing as welll…
  16. M

Thanks. I haven‘t looked into that product. I have to inform myself about it. Isn‘t it similar to the bf pro fs but more expensive even?
  17. M

Thanks. I think I will go with them, as it looks at the moment.
  18. M

Thanks. I am now on the following pathway. These should be my final canditates for interfaces. I want to be happy with my decision for a long time, because I don‘t want to upgrade anymore any time soon or mid-term. 1. babyface 1st gen + sabaj a10h 2. audient id44 without additional hpa 3...
  19. M

I don‘t want any focusrite interfaces. I had two before I switched to steinberg. Very well built, but faulty. They stopped working suddenly, and made pinching noises.
Top Bottom