Search results

1. W

Truthear Nova IEMs

Keep seeing these refs to "OG blue" What does OG stand for (if anything) and what does it have to do with Truthear Nova iem?
  2. W

Topping amp circuit diagrams?

Perhaps, given that the amp is now discontinued, Topping might part with a diagram?
  3. W

Okay, thankyou, that is helpful. Don't quite understand how that's awarded the description of "trivial" (procedure) , though!
  4. W

Well that's completely OMH and not helpful at all. I am simply trying to ascertain whether ASR ppl would consider such an amp readily fixable without any circuit diagram availability, or not?
  5. W

I purchased it from an independent seller on eBay, who replaced it with a working one. No warranty exists for non-working one that i lnow of, and anyhow, would have expired by now. Was simply hoping that the electronics of the unit, which is virtually unused, could be sprung to life somehow! Is...
  6. W

Do pardon my wholesale technical ignorance if you can, but how would you say an engineering triviality such as you speak of here relates to the fact that my German electronic engineer bro-in-law says he cannot determine why the NX3s i received from Shenzhen does not work (at all) without such a...
  7. W

Hello everyone... Am i correct in concluding. from the absence of anything relevant to be found here via search, that the possibility of locating an 'official' circuit diagram for a Topping amp (in this case the NX3s) is nil?.That Topping are indeed so proprietary that they've ensured somehow...
  8. W

Has anyone tried the Moondrop Aria?

Thankyou very much for this response. I have yet to fully appreciate the meaning of 'pinna gain' but I'm working on it! Do iem blurbs actually state this? Whether or not they are 'pinna gained' ? Longer nozzles are yes, a "no-brainer' for me as i feel that my canals are positively cavernous from...
  9. W

Has anyone tried the Moondrop Aria?

Does this possibly mean i won't get ANY vocal shoutiness? VS of various degrees is the constant bane of my audio-life, and on the Arias it is particularly intolerable.
  10. W

What portable headphone DAC/AMP to replace LG V20 (ES9218p)

Whoa! Thankyou for that fine clarification! All that i can do now is ask what is meant by a differential drive?
  11. W

Omg! So that is what "Quasmd OMG! So that is what "Quad DAC" means? FOUR of those chips? Here was me thinking all along that 'Quad DAC' was just some sort of marketing riff!
  12. W

Dang! Can nobody here provide ANY sort of response to this query?
  13. W

Hello...would it be tripling the wonderfulness of ES9218P DAC in my LG V30 if i was to use it with a Shanling UP4 which apparently packs TWO of those? Or would that result in another outcome altogether? At present I'm paired with Topping NX3S, but am frankly 'greedy for more'...
  14. W

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Hello again. Might I be correct in assuming that because the DA3 is not a pure DAC but a DAC/amp combo, that 'double amping' is occurring when I connect it to my Atom? Resulting in deleterious effects on sound quality?
  15. W

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Damn, I realise this is Audio Science Review, but it's still just downright weird somehow not hearing from anybody regarding what this unit adds or does not add to the performance - and experience thereof - the Atom amp.. Just sayin' !!
  16. W

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Could you possibly expand on that last bit, please? In such a way that a technically ignorant bozo like me can translate it into action?
  17. W

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Okay, so i just need to check the exact specs on the respective units? I don't understand what "neglecting the impedance of their interconnect" means, though!
  18. W

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Aha! A clue! How would i determine that such was indeed the case?
  19. W

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Oh . just with audio source from laptop
  20. W

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Anyone care to venture an opinion on why my Atom amp, when paired with Sabaj DA3 DAC does not sound better, but worse? And whether I have any decent right to expect that hooking up with Atom DAC would give me a decidedly different result? Anguishedly...
Top Bottom