Search results

1. D

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Interesting comment from Tekton, thx for posting. Seems consumers could be at risk in addition to reviewers. So if I buy a Tekton speaker over the internet based on the "facts" in their description of the design intent of the speaker, then decide to sell it because it doesn't meet my...
  2. D

Minidsp Flex Eight/HT/HTx for 2.1?

OP here. To close the thread, I ended up buying flex digital with Dirac so going Sonos Connect to flex dig to smsl d-6s analog out to amp. Decided I really wouldn’t ever need hdmi in this room. Using a FIR filter for now and did a good job of room correction, will try Dirac at some point.
  3. D

I’m pretty certain Tekton custom manufactured the audio system / speaker array for the “Doof Wagon” for Mad Max: Fury Road
  4. D

Would be interesting if someone with a Klippel posted a purely objective review of said Tekton speaker, with and without the feet attached, without commentary.
  5. D

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

I think any hobby or product category where there are well known mainstream "premium" options and where marginal gains in the high end come at high cost would probably be considered wasteful by most. Not unique to stereo. I get the same reactions in photography etc.
  6. D

I've got to jump on that one, Ron... I'll bet you do somewhere, sometime! If you have kids, ask them. They'll let you know where & when!
  7. D

I gave my 15 year old a Fosi v3, WiiM Mini and some old Epos bookshelf speakers. He didn't really use it. Now he has a Sonos Era 300 which he occasionally uses. Most of the time he's just playing music from his phone or Win laptop - sometimes he'll connect via B/T to the Sonos.
  8. D

From a utilitarian perspective, hi fi is way too small in aggregate expenditure to be criticized. I’m sure there are innumerable examples of vastly larger categories of spend and resource utilization that are far more wasteful. Imagine all the excess cotton t shirts the world produces each year...
  9. D

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Wonder if there are differences in Ascend speakers pre vs post Klippel? Would be interesting to review v1 pre Klippel and v2 post Klippel and see if there are both objective and subjective differences and any relationship between those such that they are likely to be attributable to the Klippel.
  10. D

Daniel Htz. Only ones that understand digital vs analog?

Here is the medical device/software (Avatar is the specific EAV device referred to in the Daniel Hertz whitepaper on their website) used to generate his claims of improved health from listening to analog (or of course his cwave processed digital) vs digital music...
  11. D

The bestiary of the most common (and debunked by science) audiophile myths

Must I choose, can't I have them both... DRAT!
  12. D

The bestiary of the most common (and debunked by science) audiophile myths

Naim/Linn and the whole toe-tapping timing thing in the 90s. I wanted to Klimax to it but had to settle for the underwhelming, middling pleasure of the LK100 cause I spent all my money on the source and the Kairn pre-amp.
  13. D

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

interesting but then I think instead of 2x of these v3 pffb monoblocks, why not a 2 channel Nc502mp hyped amp? Probably won’t cost that much more.
  14. D

Speakers from last century that you love

What are they? Love them!
  15. D

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

your profile avatar / image was well chosen
  16. D

Speakers from last century that you love

My wife still thinks the Spica TC-50s were the best speakers we ever had
  17. D

What a bunch of curmudgeons! Lots of music sucked in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s. I was a huge Alan Parsons Project fan as a teen. From my vantage point today it was god awful, horrible music - just maybe, maybe interesting now from a music production/engineering perspective. Time will tell and...
  18. D

My 11 year old daughter is not a fan, so there are exceptions. I listened to her top 50 tracks once to try to understand. It did nothing for me, didn’t strike me as exceptional - at all. But I watched some videos, read her story etc. and I really like Taylor Swift the person/brand. Definitely a...
  19. D

How people choose very expensive High-End speakers?

They want the best of everything, money is a good proxy for that and many are prepared to reinforce that and provide solutions. Plus the salespeople make you feel real good about your decision. Kind of like high end real estate. You are buying a bunch of intangibles beyond the good itself.
  20. D

Cheap class D amps. Andrew Robinsons take.

I love his reaction whenever his wife disagrees with him (he doesn’t like it). And I’ve only watched a few times, but in each video he has made a point about how good his “golden ear” is vs his wife. I watched this particular video and his comments seemed disingenuous and more a function of...
Top Bottom