Search results

1. lemmy_collins

The beginning of my audio journey, help and advice

the more your system is neutral, the more you can master how it sounds good for you... and it ease how to correct the listening room.
  2. lemmy_collins

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Should check but 90% sure Dona Summer electronic sound is due to Gorgio Moroder... Visage - Fade to Grey : i really love this song !
  3. lemmy_collins

The beginning of my audio journey, help and advice

Genelec 8020 are OK for proximity listening, even at quite loud volume. Can't say about the sub. For the DAC/ADC, i guess you're talking about MOTU M2, it's a great product (IIRC Motu M4 was tested by Amir). I guess a headphone is more or less mandatory too, hard to beat a good headphone...
  4. lemmy_collins

My god I forgot the most important one !!! Kompressor !!!
  5. lemmy_collins

I LOVE INDUSTRIAL !!! GERMAN OR ANY OTHER !!! Ministry - Jesus Built my Hotrod Front 242 - Headhunter The Klinik - Moving Hands Insekt - Stress Informatik - Entropy Combichrist - Brain Bypass The Residents - Loser = Weed (not pure industrial but weird for sure) ....
  6. lemmy_collins

to end on a funny touch with "Moog Cookbook" Are You Gonna Go my Way ? Come out and play Smells Like Teen Spirit These guys are pure genius, no trick involved here's the proof:
  7. lemmy_collins

Goudron - the dreggs Legowelt - Berlin Ostbanhof
  8. lemmy_collins

Full disclosure Lipstik Design / Sex Data is a friend of mine but I love this minimalist dark 80's electronic music (definition is mine) A complete artist: music, artwork, sculptures... http://lipstikdesign.com/ If you like these, look for "lipstik design" on Facebook and Instagram (I...
  9. lemmy_collins

Some electronic stuff I like: Gesaffelstein - Aleph A classic, Aphex Twin - Come to daddy The whole Company Flow "Little Johnny from the Hospital" album
  10. lemmy_collins

I really like the original one: Eddy - Grant - Electric Avenue
  11. lemmy_collins

Is Hi-Res Audio better because filter is outside audible range?

OK we're talking about reconstruction filters... not sure how to translate what I know from ADC to DAC world but there's an analogy. The "sinus-cardinal" in that context could be a "brick wall" filter since it is time bounded once the value are less that 1 bit... But the more there's...
  12. lemmy_collins

Is Hi-Res Audio better because filter is outside audible range?

1st things 1st: aliasing can occur when sampling (ie recording) if the highest frequency in the analog content is more than half the sampling freq, thus by sampling at 44.1kHz, an unfiltered 32.05kHz analog freq will alias into a 10kHz digital one... I can't see how an aliasing process could...
  13. lemmy_collins

DIY speakers

You're the one to follow !
  14. lemmy_collins

DIY speakers

Who care for the paint with such beautiful measurements ? Really impressive work for a diy project ! Are you in the speaker / acoustic business ? Whatever it's well done !
  15. lemmy_collins

Non-Snake Oil Power/Line Conditioner?

25y i haven't built one... grounding the heat sink is probably not too difficult to check if you are ok to scratch its coating. edit: googling for "heatsink grounding" give some interesting results like this one: https://resources.altium.com/p/emi-heatsinks-and-what-you-can-do-about-it
  16. lemmy_collins

Non-Snake Oil Power/Line Conditioner?

Since "ungrounding" the PC solve the problem, i'll look around it... Is the PC case properly grounded ? Maybe one PC element is not properly grounded ? Maybe the video board heat sink ? Be aware that grounding aluminium part is hard to keep good since aluminium oxydation could kill a good...
  17. lemmy_collins

E1DA Cosmos ADC

DO NOT USE THE MALE XLR with the scaler you're shorting differential output all together !!! The female XLR looks ok but then you need a male XLR to male XLR to end your plugging. (edit: not seen the previous answers sorry for the thread "spam")
  18. lemmy_collins

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

I've experimented RTP (8 channels, 96kHz 32 bits) through one basic switch without any problem. In my experience, the receiver is the main culprit. But true my network wasn't heavily loaded.
  19. lemmy_collins

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

to be crystal clear: non transparent device can be enjoayble, the "extreme" example i've in mind are guitar amplifiers where most people love lamps _BECAUSE_ they are not transparent... IMHO a hifi device must be transparent (as in "high fidelity") because some colorations sound great for one...
  20. lemmy_collins

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

For sure I won't use it as a measurement device... imho, BP and GTO are _NOT_ good filters ! I guess some audio artifacts could be audible depending on the amplifier / speakers the device is plugged on. Even the default filter rejection isn't that good outside of the audio bandwidth, 70dB is...
Top Bottom