Search results

1. E

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

You can use Spotify Connect directly from the Spotify app, though would need to use the Sonos app to create groups of speakers if you wanted to play to more than one room. Apple Music can be Airplayed if you’re using the Music app, but in that case the phone is handling the streaming, not the...
  2. E

Nice trick! I’m surprised it isn’t more well known.
  3. E

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Assuming he’s sticking with the iFi Zen, is there any reason to not just use RCA splitters to send the signal from the pre-amp to both the amps and subwoofer? That’s what I’ve always done with my pre-amps that don’t have dedicated subwoofer output.
  4. E

These were not designed to be primary TV speakers. You’ll need an analog output from the TV, and you’ll likely experience lip sync issues. You can get around both limitations by Airplaying from an Apple TV, but it’s not an ideal setup.
  5. E

All explained in post #907 here. Only one needed per amp to start experimenting if that’s something you want to do.
  6. E

It’s pretty clear that the development was largely (perhaps entirely?) complete before the Kickstarter went live. Leaving aside the question of whether the Kickstarter is a positive or negative, at the very least there’s no evidence that it’s a prerequisite for product development.
  7. E

The “Super Early Bird” is sold out, but the “Early Bird” is still available and only $6 more than “Super.”
  8. E

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I wouldn’t assume that person even has a turntable yet, let alone a phono pre-amp. If you look at for example Reddit you’ll see a regular stream of advice requests from people putting together systems with a vinyl component from scratch. Given the current popularity, I think it’s a smart move on...
  9. E

Fosi is certainly responsive to user requests, but to be fair this particular case was just some confusion due to a typo in their initial response to your inquiry. The single power supply was already one of the planned Kickstarter options — see post #664 in this thread.
  10. E

When first released it essentially had a line-out, mislabeled as a pre-out. However the 2024 V3 has a true, variable output pre-out (which Fosi calls an “enhanced pre-out”).
  11. E

best way to connect both phono/dac to eq?

Yes, a tape loop would do it, or some amps have pre-out / main-in jacks on the back that let you insert a processor between the pre-amp and power amp stages. If you’re using an external phono pre-amp (or one built into the turntable) you could also use something like the Schiit SYS to connect...
  12. E

Airplay syncs the audio and video. The delay is apparent when you use the line-in rather than Airplay.
  13. E

Stereo 2.1 - sub integration with tape rec loop on Denon PMA 700 AE

Use PRE OUT instead of REC OUT. As noted above, the REC OUT signal is fixed; using PRE OUT will allow volume control of the subwoofer from the amplifier.
  14. E

In what sense? Every speaker Sonos has ever sold except for one (the original Play:5) still works with the newest app, and even that Play:5 still works fine on the original app which they’ve continued to make available. Any “smart” device is going to have a limited lifespan by nature but it’s my...
  15. E

Yamaha Pre Outs Not Working In This Configuration

Yes, the DAC in the Yamaha is converting the TV and CD signals before sending them on to the NAD.
  16. E

I’m not entirely clear on what your signal chain is, but if you have any sources connected to the optical or digital coaxial inputs on the Yamaha, or if you’re using the wireless or wired network connectivity, then yes, the Yamaha DAC is converting the signal. Technically I suppose you could...
  17. E

Fosi Audio LC30 Dual VU-Meters

This device takes speaker-level input — no pre-outs necessary for switching between amps.
  18. E

You can use a Y splitter, but it should also be fine to just connect to one of the sub inputs. You might want to check the manual for the REL to see if says anything about that setup; some subs specifically recommend using the Left input when using a mono cable.
  19. E

No, that won’t work. The “Pre-Out” is the output from the pre-amplifier — you have bypassed the pre-amplifier on the A-S3200 by connecting directly to the main-in, so there is nothing to output. In similar setups I’ve used a Y-splitter from the pre-amp to send the signal to both the power amp...
Top Bottom