Search results

1. stunta

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

How massive a leap of faith would it be to extrapolate this review to the smaller R7 or R5 speakers (taking into account the LF response)? Is KEF consistent in their line up?
  2. stunta

JBL 705P / 708P

I had all 3 of my 708Ps fail (amp modules died) and one of them failed again after warranty replacement. Luckily, they were under warranty so I got all the amp modules replaced for no charge (I did have to drive back and forth to the service center multiple times). Even after all this, if I use...
  3. stunta

Focal Aria Evo X (2024)

After Amir's review of the Chora 816, I bought myself a pair and have been enjoying them a lot. I wonder how much of an improvement that Aria (or even the higher end) line would be over the Chora series - hard to imagine how much better it can sound.
  4. stunta

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

I ordered the DSP version with mic hoping it can double as a work-call headset on my laptop that has USB-C ports. Hopefully it doesn't take away too much from the SQ. Thanks for the reviews @amirm. I am also enjoying the ridiculously amazing 7Hz IEMs thanks to your review. This is a completely...
  5. stunta

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I got mine and tried them yesterday. The stock tips did not work for me as the buds kept falling off my ears. It took me about 30 excruciating minutes to replace them with Comply Foam tips (I got them off Amazon a while ago for other IEMs). With no EQ listening via my Hidizs Ap80 Pro-X, the...
  6. stunta

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Ditto. I have Roon, so I am getting these to try with Amir's EQ settings. These with active noise canceling would be a dream for listening on flights.
  7. stunta

Harman acquires Roon

Roon is likely to have bad attrition after the retention period. People like these move on to start other companies and rarely stay long after acquisition. This is it, Roon will die. Need to find a different solution. I think Harman wants the RAAT protocol.. Meanwhile, Roon's stability has...
  8. stunta

Beyond FLAC - AI big data compression?

And there is a cost to decompressing too... its just distributed.
  9. stunta

Great music - but recording unfortunately is "meh"...

Pretty much all Red Hot Chili Peppers and Audioslave albums. The common denominator - Rick Rubin.
  10. stunta

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

These are made in Seattle by one guy I believe. I used to listen to them at Audio Connection in Seattle every time I went to see John there. Loved them. Impressive dynamics. Must be a spa owner! :) Thank you Amir for the notes and the pictures! Always good to read about your impressions.
  11. stunta

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report

Pretty much everything looks grossly over-engineered to me. Couldn't see the Revel photos but the Focal setup looks the simplest. The prices never cease to give me heartburn. I guess they only need to sell one cable to cover the cost of the demo.
  12. stunta

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

No. I only use it with chromecast and it has worked flawlessly
  13. stunta

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Curious how people use wired 3.5mm IEM these days given almost everything has gone wireless. I have old Sandisk Sansa mp3 players I use on flights, but without noise cancelling, I don't see a good use for IEMs on flights. I am tempted to buy these, but just don't see a use case.
  14. stunta

SOLD: Bowers and Wilkins ASW608 8" Subwoofer

See usaudiomart ad here: https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649983991-bowers-and-wilkins-asw608-subwoofer/ I have a soft spot for ASR donors, so open to offers :)
  15. stunta

Tinnitus suffers! Are still able to enjoy music? Do you go to concerts?

This is a good way to mitigate the loudness. You can buy special ear plugs that have a flat frequency response.
  16. stunta

Tinnitus suffers! Are still able to enjoy music? Do you go to concerts?

You are probably joking about the clothing, but I was surprised by something recently, so wanted to share. I went to a symphony and then an opera (incidentally, it was "The Magic Flute") in two different cities in Europe. Neither had a dress code (I asked). At the symphony, I saw one guy in the...
Top Bottom