Search results

1. T

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

Darko is what I call a "lifestyle audiophile", he does not pretend to be technicaly competent, he goes on for hours about streaming and uploading to his Nas, he wants to stream music from his phone, connect to Roon loves upsampling, and is mostly concerned with having his music available...
  2. T

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Socks only on my feet. I refer to my less resolving system only because the speakers in that system have a passive crossover.
  3. T

Definitly the sound, I don't plan on selling the RME, I will be using it in a secondary less resolving system.
  4. T

Thank you for biting, It seems clearer and more dynamic in my setup using a line level preamp instead of the RME preamp section even without dsp correction or tone control.
  5. T

I prefer myTopping D-10s (99€) to my RME Adi-2 Dac (1250€); Have I become some sort of delussionary subjectivist?
  6. T

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

It probably does not miss anything, but it can't preditct which equipment will be used with the speakers, it can't take into account the room interaction, so it's a great tool for manufacturers but not so relevent to the end user, which is the audience of these forums. My opinion, lots of...
  7. T

Garbage is now added to the list, thank you
  8. T

It's a great tool, it does not lie, but it does not tell the whole story, in my opinion.
  9. T

Not so, one of the largest company in the UK has been critizied for not having klippel. Arnie Nuddel both a scientist and speaker designer, after measuring every aspect tweeked his speakers for months on end before marketing the final product. The Infinity IRS designed 40 years ago has yet to be...
  10. T

The review was done like all the reviews on this site, but reliying on a test method that does not tell the whole story on speaker.. The speakers were sent to Amir by a member. Who knows if he did not change some caps or resistor on the filters. Maybe it should not have been tested in the first...
  11. T

I think I was misunderstood, my point was that the science in the measurements are not of equal significance for electronics and speakers, As I recall Amir pointed that out himself when he stated different percentage of accuracy in his tests speakers being the lowest. This is obvious If you have...
  12. T

I don't see any concentric tweeter array on the speakers you mentionned.
  13. T

Nothing odd about a speaker measuring poorly under Erin's and Amir's method and yet not only sounding good but world class exeptionaly good. When all the sparks and insults stop flying over the Tekton files, I will post exeptional speakers by exeptional acoustical engineres who are also...
  14. T

You are right it may not sound so good to all of us with an anechoic chamber in our homes.
  15. T

I am sorry to be the bad guy here and at the risk of being boood and banded and although I don't approuve of Erick Alexander aggressive attitude, I feel obliged to speak up on behalf of his products many of which are exellent and priced very fairly also recipiant of many awards. If his speakers...
  16. T

Nothing of the sort, to summerise this preticular discution on electro acoustics, If I was in the market for an amplifier and Amir gave a bad review of the amplifier that was on my list, I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. Speakers are a different animal.
  17. T

Quite a stir on this site over these speakers. I am sure that amir's test was done professionaly and with care as always, however I am afraid that this type of test including Erin's is going to disqualify lots of very good speakers due to their size and conception. Also, science may be an over...
  18. T

Quite the contrary Tekton is old tech. Lots of members are buying good speakers with paper cones with dome drivers, crossovers with coils, capacitors and resistors similar to 50 year old speakers some are marginaly better and some not as good..
  19. T

The fools are the ones paying 10's of thousands for low tech speakers not much different than the high end speakers made 50 years ago.
Top Bottom