Search results

1. 3

Why reconstruction filters? Just intermodulation distortion?

Hi ASR, I watched Amir's video on clipping which was very interesting. There was a penny-drop moment when Amir described how a 12KHz square wave is effectively a 12KHz sine wave with odd harmonics added at decreasing amplitudes, and that if you apply a low-pass filter you get a pure sine wave. I...
  2. 3

Do low power amps lack bass? Or do they clip?

Hi ASR, I was listening to Darko.audio podcast where the Enlium AMP-23R was discussed - yes I know Darko is a subjectivist, but he is listenable and I enjoy trying to figure out where the holes are, which brings me to my question. The amp is 25w per channel into 8 ohms, 45w into 4 ohms. Darko...
  3. 3

Question about amplitude, frequency and energy in an audio signal

Hi, I've been trying to wrap my head around why low frequencies require more power to generate and why in a complex audio signal the amplitude gets lower as the frequency gets higer. In performing some research I have confirmed the following 5 points, please correct them if they are wrong...
  4. 3

Is Hi-Res Audio better because filter is outside audible range?

Hi all, I listened to the Darko Audio podcast 10 hi-fi myths busted with Peter Comeau, and have questions about the first myth "Hi-res audio sounds better because of its ultrasonic content". I figured this would be the best place to get some straight, evidence based answers :) I know there will...
Top Bottom