Search results

1. Nicolas_

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

In Serbia they retail for 900€ without the stands as the regular price, for some reason, which I find surprising
  2. Nicolas_

Difference between Audiophonics MPA-S250NC and HPA-S250NC

Got it, makes sense. None of these have a sub out as far as I can make out, though the integrated amp versions (DA- and DAW- ) do. Does that mean that if using those power amps in a 2.1 setup, the sub out must be on the preamp? But the WiiM Pro+ doesn't have one... No way to use a (powered) sub...
  3. Nicolas_

There is also this beast, for which, as far as I can tell, the only difference compared to the MPA is the XLR inputs? https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-amplifiers/audiophonics-ap300-s250nc-class-d-stereo-power-amplifier-ncore-nc252mp-2x250w-4-ohm-p-18419.html
  4. Nicolas_

I imagined it meant lower level of crosstalk - is that correct?
  5. Nicolas_

That's what I kinda gathered from the answers here, yes. There are a couple of second hand HPA that I found, and they're offered for less than 500€. But I guess it's better, for me, to buy a new MPA for less still, or wait for a used one for even less
  6. Nicolas_

Thank you, so same power output confirmed. Basically, the dual mono does "the same job" as the single stereo one, but with better separation, would that be it? No, I missed that one, thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look at it.
  7. Nicolas_

Hi all, I'm considering pairing a WiiM Pro + with either one of these two Hypex Ncore amplifiers : https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-amplifiers/audiophonics-hpa-s250nc-power-amplifier-class-d-stereo-ncore-nc250mp-2x250w-4-ohm-p-13545.html...
  8. Nicolas_

Help in devising my new set up (Klipsch the Nines? AE1? Audiophonic amp & Wharfedale Linton? etc... )

Thanks for sharing, quite useful to know. Have you tried in your own space to room-correct to get nearer an accurate reproduction (or at least a pleasant one) ? If only for the bass ?
  9. Nicolas_

Any truth to speakers being better with a more powerful amp?

I just tried very quickly and not seriously at all, with almost the first app that popped up on the store - it was just to get a rough idea of what 60db/70db/80db sounded like in the real world, so it's done with the phone mic. I will do some more serious measurements in the future, when I get...
  10. Nicolas_

Also, I tested it first at 4m from my speakers, than got closer all the way to 1m. I expected the dB reading to increase by 12db, it did not (barely moved). Could it be that this is due to me seating inside a "box" - speakers 30cm from the wall on one end, seating position 4m away against the...
  11. Nicolas_

Good advice, I did just that for the first time a couple of days ago, for the same reasons: trying to understand what power I would realistically need. I found that ~70db (given by the app I downloaded at my listening position) was already plenty of sound, and a higher volume than I would listen...
  12. Nicolas_

You are correct, "être au courant" = being aware of/up to date with the current knowledge. Exactly the same multiple meanings as in English (electrical current, sea currents... basically whatever flows)
  13. Nicolas_

So power is the only relevant metric to take into consideration to match amp to speakers, at least "quantitatively"?
  14. Nicolas_

I was told once that to drive my speaker I needed an amp "capable of delivering more current/juice" (in French the word was "courant", which to me sounds like it means more quantity of electricity - as in amps/A??), even though the rated power of the amp seemed perfectly OK with my speakers...
  15. Nicolas_

Fosi ZA3 TPA3255 Mono/Stereo Switchable Amplifier, and vs Aiyima A07 Max

Thank you. No interest in the monobloc, just the small(ish) form factor, good amp chip, and sub out. Looks like an excellent combo, at a low price, with the WiiM Pro Plus. Compared to the WiiM AMP, I'd have more "boxes" (3, counting the PSU, instead of just one), but I'd gain in quality (very...
  16. Nicolas_

Thanks, very helpul. Is there a perceptible degradation of the sound quality (compared to pre-amp/DAC at max and adjusting the knob on the amplifier), or is it the same at "normal" listening levels?
  17. Nicolas_

Considering neither the Za3 nor the AO7 has a remote, if you'd use them with a WiiM Pro Plus, would you be able to control the volume remotely somehow? Would it be very sub optimal? Seems like these quite powerful, very capable amps are to be restricted to a desktop use, so mostly for nearfield...
  18. Nicolas_

Audiophonics DA-S250NC DAC & Power Amp Review

Thank you both for for this interesting discussion :) I'll try some of the suggestions when I'm reunited with my NAS. Don't people stream from their local storage anymore? I've never been a fan of subscription services, I've only got access to Spotify and Soundcloud through my girlfriend's...
  19. Nicolas_

Amp recommendations for budget 2.1 system.

I'm looking for the same for a future pair of Wharfedale 12.2 :) But I need a remote, and that eliminates a lot of good cheap amps like the Aiyiama/Fozi ones :( Even if I decide to forgo the sub out, need for remote is still fairly restrictive
Top Bottom