Search results

1. N

UM18 VS Bowers & Wilkins CTSW15

I took some measurements in my theater today comparing my DIY Dayton UM18 to a Bowers and Wilkins CTSW15. The CTSW15 retails for $1700. The UM18 can be built for around $500. The first measurement is with my EQ settings removed. The second measurement is with my EQ settings applied. The CTSW15...
  2. N

Gain on 2000AS1 vs ZA3

I recently received an IcePower 2000AS1 from Audiophonics. Doing some testing today, I found that the ZA3 has a higher gain than the 2000AS1, even though the 2000AS1 is spec'd at 29.7dB of gain, and the ZA3 is 26dB of gain (spec and tested by Amir). The 2000AS1 should be 3.7dB louder than the...
  3. N

The minidsp is an amazing tool for those needing to go from unbalanced to a true balanced connection

I may have accidentally stumbled upon a method to get a true balanced connection from a single unbalanced connection using the minidsp flex. I have a sub pre-out that has a low line voltage of 0.7v, making it hard to find an amp that I can use for a high powered sub without increasing the gain...
  4. N

RCA to XLR adapter and amp gain

I am trying to get information on amp gain when converting an amps XLR input to RCA by the use of a passive adapter. To clarify, using an RCA out from a preamp, to an XLR input on the amp. Specifically a hypex amp using an nCore module. The manual states an input gain of 28db. However, it does...
  5. N

Subwoofers with built in PEQ

Other than the Arendal and SVS subwoofers, which other subs have built in PEQ? I am using it with LSX ii's and it would be cumbersome to add in a minidsp or the like in my chain to EQ my sub, so a sub with a built in PEQ would be most ideal.
  6. N

47Hz room mode woes...

After tinkering around with REW I have found that I have pretty annoying 47.5Hz room mode. This is the FR from KEF LSX ii's and a KEF Kube 10b. Any recommendations? How is the rest of the FR as a whole looking?
  7. N

KEF LSX ii measurements, what am I looking at exactly?

I got a pair of KEF LSX ii speakers for my desk and so far I am blown away by the sound that these tiny speakers put out, especially in the lower bass region for jazz. I have not used the custom EQ setup yet because I don't like changing EQ settings without seeing what exactly the setting is...
Top Bottom