Search results

1. S

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

If it was easier to send in I would be interested to see how my old manhatten 2 performs
  2. S

This youtube review made me laugh

When you read the comments so many buy into this.
  3. S

Wish there was a Mytek Manhattan 2 Review

I am happy with it. Just simple curiosity
  4. S

Wish there was a Mytek Manhattan 2 Review

If I lived closer to Amir, I would gladly ship mine. would love to see a review.
  5. S

Onkyo PR-RZ5100 AV Processor Review

This review does not surprise me. I use a txrz 1100 for movies and my smsl su8 v2 out performs it by a very very large margin.
  6. S

Noise issue when computer is connected to my system

Hey everyone, here is a issue that has stumped me. I have a onkyo txrz1100 with its main pre-outs connected to my Mytek Manhatan II ht-bypass. I have a passively cooled, with ssd drive computer. (for the moment I am using its cheap power brick) If I was happy with the computer I was going to...
  7. S

Aftermarket power cable question?

Last winter, I was bored so for a experiment I purchased some very expensive audioquest rca cables from amazon. I had a class d amp that if any interconnects went near its power supply it would introduce a hum into the system. The audio quest were considerably worse for introducing this hum...
  8. S

I completely agree. I never did expect any improvement in sound and primarily these were purchased for looks. This approach also help me "Negotiate" the price of the cables down. A funny story I went to a local hi-fi shop and he tried to sell me some nordost cables. After some long winded sales...
  9. S

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

I really wish I was still living on the west coast as I would love to see my Mytek Manhattan II and Nuprime evolution amps measured.
  10. S

Thank goodness its cold (-49f with windchill) and I have nothing better to do, as I just wasted my time and the source was all the power supplies in all my equipment. But one thing I do know about my new power cables (besides looking pretty) I can not hear any difference in sound quality. :)...
  11. S

Well one of the panamax's features (they claim) is it isolates all banks. So we will see what it does. I understand having to send it back to the earth ground. But passing it to the other bank seems to defeat the purpose of having a separate plug for sensitive source components.
  12. S

Well it looks like I figured it out. And im not sure if its a good thing or not. When I tested for emf my whole system was plugged in to my two power conditioners. The two sources were the incredibly cheap power brick (powering a nuc) and my mytek Manhattan, each were plugged into each power...
  13. S

I took great care when I wired the two dedicated 20 amp 10/2 wired outlets. I have a tester that I use to go behind the electricians. (they have a bad habit of letting there unqualified helpers do work they shouldn't be) it instantly tells me a few things and one is if the ground is right and...
  14. S

The #1 Reason I purchased them was for looks. But I also hoped they wouldn't make things worse. (if what I am seeing is a actual issue)
  15. S

I wanted to start off with. My theory or opinions could be completely wrong with what I'm saying. I'm a carpenter not a scientist and if anyone can set me straight I thought it would be here. So I have been using my basic cables that came with my equipment, all I did was make sure everything...
  16. S

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

I tried a experiment and I always found my personal files sounded a little better. Things that would stick out is the soundstage would shrink and high frequencies would be slightly veiled. Now this wasn't dramatic either. But the convenience of sitting back and streaming tidal masters within...
  17. S

There sure is a noticeable improvement with tidal, but I agree its not as good as my hi res library. Its just good to know what inputs support mqa, for example my simaudio mind 2 streamer will do the first unfold of mqa but it does not have a usb out.
  18. S

Is this dac capable to decode mqa from all its digital inputs. I ask because I found out my nuprime evo dac only decodes mqa via its usb.
Top Bottom