Search results

1. D

Digital Volume Infinite Encoders slow and need many rotations. Why is that?

I hear you. Yes i agree. Also i am aware that you can`t have everyone happy at the same time. I think it is very difficult and in most cases even impossible for someone to understand how helpful a good volume control is in Mixing if they are not involved in something similar. On the other...
  2. D

All good my friend. Its a vast place this internet. Easy to sometimes not understand when everything is based on short text passages. 10v? Sounds like Pro-Studio equipment? What Preamp are you talking about? It got me curious now
  3. D

Because english is not my native language i sometimes have issue understanding sarcasm but i will suppose you mean it as a joke ? so be gentle with me "Who said that analog pots are rough and imprecise?“ The Spl 2Control (i unfortunately sold) had one of the smoothest feeling volume knobs...
  4. D

Hi there. I know by now that the Flex has a 20 step encoder. Its no wonder resolution is low. To the „safety“ measures i literally and honestly never had issues or broke sweat over volume regulation until digital came. I also have never damaged a speaker in my life cause i messed up the...
  5. D

I only know amplifiers. So regarding this i have literally never had issues with analog potentiometers in order to adjust volume for 40 years now. I simply never ever thought „oh i need more resolution „ or „oh my . what a bad channel separation“. you always had awesome sounding amps and bad...
  6. D

My Kingdom For A Remote Volume Knob! can this be made?

"that sounds familiar from another thread,“ i am far beyond remembering what in which thread i am afraid….. So much information. "Any reason not to go for the SPL?“ Not really apart from size and that i am always open to know more about possible choices or suggestions of different solutiuons...
  7. D

Oh my. I think i have not expressed my self-plan-wish in the best way. Tbh i don`t know where this whole „remote“ idea comes from. I think i never mentioned wanting a remote. I might have said it in a different context. In short i want a Line Level Volume Controller of high quality that i...
  8. D

Sorry just discovered your comment. So i will insert text from my other thread. Its my Korg Minilogue Xd Synthesizer which has Finite and Infinite Knobs on it. * I am regarding to the Finite Rotation Encoders in the text below "The Finite rotation ones seem to have an incredible (for me)...
  9. D

Exactly! "Often, encoders are multi-function“ you are right. This one also is multi. However same as it has been proven that there is no such thing as „multitasking“ in humans but rather means „doing many things simultaneously in a worse way that doing them individually“ same this...
  10. D

Don`t worry my friend. Nobody can not miss something on the way. Its a huge river of information. All good. No i don`t use NLE. I tried a few over the years and always ended up not using them. I gave them 4-5 chances and it organically never survived. "because they want old school linear...
  11. D

I am sorry but i cant possibly remember each sentence of each of the dozens of faceless individuals i have conversations with every day. If you do props to you. I have an average to bad memory . I had to look it up to even remember what you said. I could only find one time you explained btw...
  12. D

So why does not everyone use this instead of infinite encoders for volume control ? Am i missing something? This would be the most awesome volume control Unless there is some reason that escapes my knowledge , which can easily happen
  13. D

"the voltage is read out by an ADC“. sounds like an elegant solution to me. Especially since i see its super stable and high resolution of steps That said , for some reason i seem to belong to a small minority with my dislike of infinite low resolution encoders that takes multiple revolutions...
  14. D

Man at last someone who understands me….. I am mixing music and have to adjust the volume dozens to hundreds of times in a few hours depending on the project. I need for example to be able to raise the volume directly and fast in order to „zoom in acoustically“ when searching for backround...
  15. D

OK so it’s nice in theory, but in short, not something I could not do in a way
  16. D

Impressive! 5000ppr . Jesus ….. I think this hovever would significantly raise the cost. I meant it costs almost 1/2 of the Flex. Maybe 5000ppm overkill ? Seing this makes me think that if the Flex goes -127,5 to 0db in 0,5db steps that means 255 steps in one rotation would be able to...
  17. D

"You should figure out how many steps per rotation you have now.“ If i am not mistaking i just counted 20 positions for one 360 Rotation Btw, did you read my comment above yours about my Korg synth? How do the encoders i describe there work? It has around 160-170 positions but dont have steps
  18. D

Hi. No. I think i need to describe it better. It has 2 kinds of Encoders. It has 2 Infinite encoders (which feel as bad as the flex knob) and 26 Finite encoders which also have a white Line so you can see where it currently is set to. The Finite ones dont go 360deg . Would say more around...
  19. D

Thanks for that. "The one you use now simply has too little contact points per rotation for your purpose“ thats exactly what i concluded. The way i see it with my limited technical knowledge on the subject is that the used encoder has a small resolution in one rotation so in order to...
Top Bottom