Search results

1. C

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

Plus I would need it for three channels but I read up on these services and ppl swear by them, so I'm really glad you recommended it. I'm probably gonna get them either way for my recording studio!
  2. C

I've already had the yukons. I am getting the new custom cables at dealer price so it's actually gonna be much cheaper, but I definitely am gonna get the Jensen piece as a past resort.
  3. C

It's Not an adapter, just a cable with rca on one end, xlr on the other. Audioquest will make custom made cables like that upon request.
  4. C

Audioquest Yukon cables. I have custom made RCA > XLR on order from them, curious if that will do anything. I feel like they could increase the noise possibly. If the rca>xlr conversion doesn't help anything since it's technically still imbalanced, the input sensitivity with balanced inputs is...
  5. C

I'm not using cable TV or satellite. It's advice still the same?
  6. C

***FINAL UPDATE*** Photos of setup attached, and I'm quite proud of the cable management say what you will :`) No cables touch the ground and the routing of power cables to avoid analog cables is probably the best I can do in this space. Yooo I'm sorry to leave the thread hanging!! I started...
  7. C

@Doodski @mhardy6647 @peng @BDWoody I'm about to get back to the setup and plug things in. The truth will finally be revealed in the next couple hours!!
  8. C

No 20 amp that I could use unfortunately, but I hear you. When I am designing low voltage for new builds, and I'm working with their electricians, I always put it in writing several times that the Mech. Room needs dedicated 20 amp circuits for the racks. I also make them add dedicated circuits...
  9. C

The Furman has two High Current outlets, but it does not tell you exactly how much more amperage this supports. In my opinion, and I am very open to being wrong on this, I believe amp companies say to go into the wall so people do not make the mistake of using a power center or surge protector...
  10. C

Got em Go easy on my boy @Doodski , he means well xD And has led this thread with supportive curiosity and knowledge way beyond my level!
  11. C

So I unboxed the amp, and cosmetically flawless so far. Previous things like unbalanced feet, dents in the bottom chassis, warped knob are a thing of the past. This one even included a little satchel with the odor absorbent beads, and I am suddenly feeling much more optimistic! the other one...
  12. C

Always down for conversation :) maybe on another forum tho I need to stay focused on the matter at hand haha I am easily distracted!
  13. C

I love the comment! And points for diplomacy ;) Picture below. And wow the picture makes it look way more gross than I ever noticed. I misspoke earlier on all that, I am uncertain if I've ever noticed a quality difference due to a surge protector, jury is still out so if I haven't noticed by...
  14. C

For me it is for protection, not as much sound, but still sound. It will be a rare occasion I ever use even 200 watts lol but I'm excited to see how high i can push the watt meters with that equation in mind!
  15. C

I have moved past that topic long ago lol, I have to go with my ears on this one I am 10000% convinced otherwise, even more so with power cables. Not only can I notice it in blind tests, but my wife who cares zero about any of this asked why it sounded so much better one night after I changed...
  16. C

I remember this, just thought of trying a different outlet yesterday and started investigating the breaker. Idk how I can measure it is messy though.
  17. C

Yes. Gear list is at end of the post before the pictures. I'm gonna start with AMP Power Cable in wall with stock cord to please the manual Gods, but it will probably end up be fed by the Furman, with Blizzard Cable.
  18. C

**UPDATE kind of, if you're bored and feeling helpful. PICS below** I have my new amp. Going to spend the night redoing the setup from scratch, and then I'll post results. I'll be honest: I am expecting the same results of noise transmission, but staying hopeful. Either way, the cosmetic flaws...
  19. C

Agreed. This thing is leaving soon as the new one is shipped, but do you think it's safe to run in the mean time?
  20. C

Update** A couple of new observations: I am noticing a couple of minor cosmetic things that could mean absolutely nothing, or could be indicitive of improper handling or missed in the QA. The power knob is warped, or crooked, and not level with the face of the amp. I notice that the feet are...
Top Bottom