Search results

1. T

Looking for my first pair of good speakers

I suggest KEF LSX. Stylish, connect to TV, stream wirelessly wo need for separate streamer
  2. T

HiFi Wireless System to play audio files from PC/NAS

I’ve had the Kef LSX for several years as our kitchen speaker . Very happy with Roon, tidal, etc. and they look good too
  3. T

How to adjust Parametric eq for speaker anomalies ?

Sorry, was thinking of an Emotive amp not speakers...
  4. T

How to adjust Parametric eq for speaker anomalies ?

I wouldn’t assume you need to EQ the Emotiva without measurements to justify. Speakers, yes, but I’d be careful w/o measurements there too. Most amp deviations are far too small to correct for. Any software that allows for EQ and streams to the Firestick should work
  5. T

Good Preamp DAC Streamer with network volume control

A bit more than a pi but also minimal learning curve: Yamaha WXC-50. I’ve had good luck with it.
  6. T

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

always appreciate your contributions. Maybe I should know this, but... is there a simple way to turn these APO setttings into .wav correction files such as can be imported into Roon for convolution? thanks!
  7. T

D&D 8c / Buchardt A700

No intention of diminishing others experience with WISA and the hub for the Buchardt A500 but I’ve been using mine for about a year with minimal problems. I do have to reboot the hub occasionally but not much more often than my router or PC
  8. T

Kii Audio's "Three": Let me know if you would like to see it reviewed

Yes! I’ve been following the development of these for a while. I’d be really curious to see how the implementation of the cardioid directivity compares to the D&D
  9. T

PlayClassics TRT v2.1j master file giveaway for ASR members

I would love the Wind quartets and the Rachmaninov Thank you!
  10. T

Buchardt A500 subjective review

To add my 2 cents, as I recently received the A500s and have been playing them very happily for about 2 weeks. Why I decided to try them: - I believe in the virtues of an active system, all other things equal - I liked the size and design for my living room where my dear spouse needs to be...
  11. T

Buchardt S400 Speaker Review

good example here. Can you explain the reasoning- why does a 3-way closed box have smother directivity at < 1000 Hz compared to a 2-way? thanks!
  12. T

Speaker Equivalent SINAD Discussion

Thank you for this contribution. It seems very hard to argue that THD and IMD make no difference when the listening tests did not give the listeners the chance to hear very low THD and IMD- i.e. in rooms treated to permit them to hear it. Listeners might like contributions from the room, but...
  13. T

PlayClassics TRT v2.0f update offer for ASR members

Hi Mario, I made the donation to your great site. Can you send code for: Gurkova, van Helderen and Riera? thanks!
  14. T

PlayClassics album premiere for ASR members

Can I get a code? I have several of you recordings- lovely!
  15. T

Speaker Equivalent SINAD Discussion

Amir, I raised a question before: wouldn't the directivity of the speaker enter into how you want to estimate the in-room performance (weighting of direct-reflected-power metrics)? thanks for the great work
  16. T

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review

amazing work! I have a question on the weighting that determines the estimate of in- room response. Wouldn’t the directivity affect the balance of direct vs reflected significantly?
  17. T

Glaciers Appear to be Growing, not Melting in Recent Years

Yes, I’m a scientist. I have friends who work on Greenland. They can show you first hand how fast it’s melting.
  18. T

Is there an AirPlay receiver with digital out?

my Kef LSX supports AirPlay. Are you sure you need a streamer?
Top Bottom