Search results

1. S

BACCH4MAC Short Review / first impressions

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. I am probably going to jump in soon.
  2. S

BACCH4MAC Short Review / first impressions

I have a quick question about bacch4mac. Does it work only with streaming apps like Tidal or Pandora or can you apply it to a music library that resides on a server like a Melco N1A for example. Thanks in advance.
  3. S

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Actually, you are the first person I asked a question to? Obviously you don’t have an answer. Thanks for playing.
  4. S

If that’s the case, you and I we have no quarrel. I am enjoying my music in my system, bias included and you are enjoying yours based on your knowledge. Please don’t make me look up, I am having a lot of fun. I don’t think it’s productive to me nor you to make me “unhear” what I think I am...
  5. S

An interesting question is: why did you decide to bud in? The writer and the reader both made their decisions as stated by you. What are you adding to the discussion?
  6. S

I am not making anything personal, however I know science enough to know that it evolves and changes constantly. That’s why most of what we think we know about it is called theories and not laws. By the way, it’s not the content of your comment that is offensive, it’s your tone.
  7. S

I like the way you tell people what is detectable and what isn’t. At any rate, I listen to music for my own pleasure and spend my own money to buy my gear, so I will decide for myself what is detectable and what’s not. For what it’s worth,, nobody tastes DACs unless they are made of chocolate.
  8. S

Ok, I see. That’s how I use mine. I don’t miss the DSP when I listen to music. I would advise people to try it first before getting rid of their DACs. Thanks.
  9. S

There is a mode for 2-channel music called pure direct that bypasses the DSP processing and pushes the analog signal out unprocessed. If you like your DAC better than the onboard DAC, you can use it.
  10. S

Lyngdorf MP-40 2.0 For Sale

I have a pre-own Lyngdorf MP-40 in excellent condition for sale with all accessories. The price is $5400 and free shipping in the USA. Thanks.
  11. S

FedEx Damaged My Sub in Transit and Denied My Claim

It’s my understanding that a lot of the process is handled by machines and most of the damages occurs at that stage. Obviously, there is room for improvement.
  12. S

It was a Martin Logan Abyss, so medium size about 15’X15’X14’. Somehow insurance is not offered when I created the label.
  13. S

To my defense, insurance was not offered. I looked for it. They did ask for the value of the item so I presumed wrongly that it was included in the shipping cost.
  14. S

I arranged shipping. The packaging was very strong. I received a damaged sub the month before from a seller, so I knew things could go wrong and took extra precautions. Apparently, that wasn’t enough.
  15. S

The package was not insured. There was no option to buy insurance on the site when you create your own label. I looked for it but it wasn’t offered. They did ask for the value of the item so I thought that included insurance. I was on the receiving end of such an incident, the seller reimbursed...
  16. S

That’s has been my experience too. Now I have a new appreciation for companies that put their electronics in hard cases like AGD. Though it might not be feasible for everything like a sub. Thanks.
  17. S

I did use Paypal. I will try that route next and also Small Claim Court. Thanks.
  18. S

I shipped a subwoofer to a buyer with FedEx and despite packing it with hard foam and double boxing it, the subwoofer was damaged in transit, most likely dropped. FedEx denied my $350 claim. Interestingly, I was the receiver of a subwoofer that was damaged in transit a few weeks ago. It seems...
  19. S

Benchmark AHB2 / Class D Purifi Eigentakt / Mark Levinson 333 - Listening impression & Conclusion

Got it!! Let’s just buy the biggest (watt wise), coolest, prettiest looking amp out there and cal it a day. Should not be too hard to manufacture and should certainly not cost an arm and a leg. Problem solved.
  20. S

Benchmark AHB2 / Class D Purifi Eigentakt / Mark Levinson 333 - Listening impression & Conclusion

So if post #74 is correct, we are all fools and all the SINAD numbers and tests results on this site are fool’s gold. Mr. Clark has proven that for a couple of dollars, you can make a $300 amp sound the same as a $30,000 one. He has the double blind test to prove it. If you already have an amp...
Top Bottom