Search results

1. dat yeti

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Whoops, meant A30. Even said it in the previous sentence. Thanks for info. Corrected now.
  2. dat yeti

The most popular from what I've read about (although from subjective sources) seems to be the burson op amps. I am not sure which models would be compatible. I'll do some more research :) Thanks for the info. This is a good start for possible candidates. Hopefully others can chime in too...
  3. dat yeti

Great review, thanks! Amir, if possible please test op amp swaps! It'd be very interesting to know if it does anything in the audible range. Also, testing it wouldn't be a waste of time as they mention this option as a feature when buying this product.
  4. dat yeti

Headphone Amplifier Recommendations and Analysis

That's what I'm curious about. Considering the majority of audio talk online being biased bs, I am skeptical whether it will make a subtle change at best, but willing to try. Want to find a nice A/B switcher to use with other solid state amps too to compare apples and oranges. Only decent...
  5. dat yeti

DAC/Amp Recommendation

Teac has some products. Have you considered either the 5th or 6th version of the Aune X1s? They both have an rca line in, and various other inputs.
  6. dat yeti

Headphone Amplifier Recommendations and Analysis

Own the O2 from mayflower, 1x and 3.3x gain. Own a topping A30. Very nice amps, recommend highly. In the future I plan to swap a burson opamp into a topping A30 and use another A30 I have to do an A/B comparison of opamps and see if they make a noticeable difference. Can't comment on the...
  7. dat yeti

Review and Measurements of Speaka USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier

Definitely looks similar. Hope someone can chime in as the link you provided seems amazing for the price in general for small portable dac/amp.
  8. dat yeti

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Is it possible to dim the display, or turn it off while using d50? @amirm Interesting. Thanks for the link. Do you have recommendations for the cables to attach to this, and an enclosure for it?
  9. dat yeti

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

Interesting. I'm curious, what is the "black material" under the top of that table? It is some sort of foam, or shadow from picture?
  10. dat yeti

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

Pffft, everyone knows if you want organic sound you have to use limestone. Its made from ancient sea creatures, that once had a full spectrum of marine sonar waves traveling through their shells that affects not only the tonal qualities, but the plankton of your source.
  11. dat yeti

Amir's TODO thread

I'd vote for any or all of these products: Topping A30 headphone amp JDS Ol switcher passive preamp JDS labs Subjective3, 3 band equalizer (very new, very interesting) magni 3 O2 amp (have one with 1x/3.3x gain, pm me if you need it for review) Aune X1s 10th anniversary dac/amp Arcam rHead amp...
  12. dat yeti

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Yep, D50. Just skimmed through the thread again, found the info. Thanks!
  13. dat yeti

Thanks. Where did you find the info? Can't find anything on the net.
  14. dat yeti

I've been wanting to buy a D30 for awhile now. Is the D50 basically the D10 but wall powered? Can you give any more details about it?
  15. dat yeti

Measurement of R2R DAC

For testing a recently made r2r dac, I would suggest the combo dac/headphone amp r2r-11 from audio-gd as it would be about $450 usd tops, shipping included. Its also their cheapest r2r dac from what I can tell. Also, their nfb-11 has pretty much the same hype train...
  16. dat yeti

Introductions anyone?

LOL very true! There are also some other strange social psychology phenomenons at play as well...
  17. dat yeti

Introductions anyone?

Great news! Thank you! Thanks! Biochemistry. Not quite related, but oh well.
  18. dat yeti

Review and Measurements of Schiit Sys Passive Pre-amp/Switcher

Yep! I have confidence in JDS. I have no doubts it will be fine. Curious how it measures though. Thanks for ordering, no rush on review!
  19. dat yeti

Introductions anyone?

Hi ASR! Saw this website while researching the topping D30 dac and am so happy this site exists! This is the forum I've been looking for as most of the others are just about a complete waste of time. Hopefully a little bit of this knowledge here stays with me! Little about myself: Poor...
  20. dat yeti

Review and Measurements of Schiit Sys Passive Pre-amp/Switcher

If you buy a jds labs ol switcher and test it, and it measures about the same or better than this schiit sys, I'll gladly buy it off you!
Top Bottom