Search results

1. starkiller

Arcam rDAC power supply alternative?

Well, guess I will stick with the OEM one then...thanks everyone for the info!
  2. starkiller

Had read good things about the Maplin that's all...would like to upgrade from the factory PSU...
  3. starkiller

Thanks for the link but had to send PK power a note as the listing says to read further on for product matching but it was not included in the ad...editor job is needed I guess :)
  4. starkiller

Anyone know where I can pick up a Maplin VN10L? They were discontinued a while ago and I can't find any for sale web-wise... thanks!
  5. starkiller

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Thanks, just switched from 4 to 2 so shall see how things sound
  6. starkiller

DIY skills are pretty non-existant as I have peripheral neuropathy in my fingers and hands so shaking is a big issue, as far as friends go, if this was Denver then maybe but not here in the PNW... have tried two of the filters so will keep experimenting with the other ones and see what...
  7. starkiller

So, my gear does not have tone controls so that's out, also, the D50 is being used exclusively with a dedicated CD transport...
  8. starkiller

So, have had the D50 for a bit so some listening thoughts....sounded a little thin at first but now is pretty fairly balanced...but (there is ALWAYS a but) :), the top seems to be too shrill for these old ears...I listen to a lot of classical music and there are times the flutes are really...
  9. starkiller

Dang! NOW its back and I just bought the D50...sigh
  10. starkiller

Thanks to both of you fine folks to help this old guy out :)
  11. starkiller

Really? Cool! Looking forward to hearing how it sounds compared to the W4S DAC I had and all the others that have passed through this system of mine :) Thanks!
  12. starkiller

Need some set up advice and such on the D50...only going to use it for my CD transport...nothing else...probably will use a digi cable though I do have a couple of optical ones as well, just don't quite understand the front panel and such...I be old and not too bright in knowing about today's...
  13. starkiller

Newbie to the forum and have a question...

Well, warmth is what I am after...I listen to a fair amount of classical and sometimes those flutes are just way too shrill for me...
  14. starkiller

Newbie to the forum and have a question...

Have a W4S DAC 1 with reclocker. Looking to raise some funds due to an unexpected expense here at home and thought I would go the DAC route first. Have had many a DAC...Maverick, Rega, Neko, Schiit, Keces..etc...looking for "warmth" if possible. Read many a good thing about the Topping D30...
Top Bottom