Search results

1. GearMe

How do you like this SINAD Chart Style?

What's NOT to like? It convincingly affirms my phone choice (LG G7 Thinq)...in Quad DAC mode of course! Clearly a top-performer -- besting the Chord Mojo, iFi DSD Black, Yggy, and all Topping Dacs! The REAL takeaway is that I need to purchase an SMSL D1 immediately!...since the Oppo UDP-205...
  2. GearMe

General debate thread about audio measurements

1. just know they sound bad...it was soundArgument that said they sound bad without ever listening to any of them...not me. 2. why give them the benefit of doubt even if they sometimes get it right? Well...it's a long story but...I owned Sumo amps & preamps back in the day and liked their...
  3. GearMe

Well that hurts! Taking your ball and going home I see. :eek: So...your out to the conversation is that I don't read carefully? Clearly, we were talking about DACs not Schiit's Sys product. Beyond that, you made a declarative statement that you didn't need to listen to them to know that...
  4. GearMe

The subject being discussed is how they sound (like Schiit)...no? BTW...you never did answer whether or not it was all Schiit products that you don't have to listen to but, instead, just know they sound bad ;)
  5. GearMe

Ahhhh...also clever! :) So you've heard them and have first hand experience with their reliability as well?
  6. GearMe

I see...all of the Schiit products? Nope...apples and oranges
  7. GearMe

Chuckle...opinions then (about sound signature differences) without any real capability of backing them up?
  8. GearMe

"I'd be able to"...so you haven't listened to and compared them? :)
  9. GearMe

Measurements and Review of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC

In all seriousness, why do they need to be convinced? edit: missed the Cult reference...I see the light now... Deprogram them; for their own good of course! ;-)
  10. GearMe

Clever!...but, at best, this response exhibits part of the problem of the whole objectivist vs the subjectivist 'debate'; at worst, it might indicate a preconceived bias? :eek: You tell me which it is. Since you're able to differentiate...how would you characterize the sonic differences...
  11. GearMe

Now......we're getting somewhere! ;) And.......incompetently designed DACs sound _________?
  12. GearMe

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Yep...would agree on the S2. But having a good performing, all-in-one box with balanced to boot was very enticing and would help 'clean up' one listening area...oh well
  13. GearMe

Yep...hope they do; it's a showstopper on an otherwise excellent product
  14. GearMe

Well that sucks...same here; can't understand why they didn't fix that!
  15. GearMe

Do they drop the amp output impedance to <= 1 ohm ish? If so, it's worth the extra $100 just to be able to use all your headphones through the same box
  16. GearMe

Quick question re: that graph. Is the reference for the Analog board measurements 0 or -.5 dB's (i.e. is the delta -1 dB or -.5 dB)? Also...the part I bolded is the far more interesting thing to understand (imo).
  17. GearMe

Thanks! Yes...this is helpful! Much like the info in your 'Audibility of Small Distortions' article is. Given your background/capabilities, to the degree that you could elaborate on the audibility within the context of a particular review, it would be even more helpful! An example of this...
  18. GearMe

This! Discussion is the key...realizing that people come to the table with a variety of backgrounds, biases, etc. When viewed from this perspective, then your challenge (imo) becomes 'what message do we want to drive to those that will listen...and will we listen to them?' My sense is that...
  19. GearMe

That's my thinking as well...just saying one set of measurements is significantly better is only part of the story. Being able to describe what the expected differences are in the listening results should be would be very useful (with allowances due to 'perception' differences as Garbulky...
Top Bottom