Search results

1. Gringoaudio1

B&O best audio builder? Your opinion?

Opinions are not something you can sue for.
  2. Gringoaudio1

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

Agree. That made no sense. Language barrier perhaps? If Port length is an issue maybe it could run vertically and exit on the bottom and the speaker sit on rails that space the bottom of the speaker off of whatever surface it sits on? I added depth to the box for some bookshelves for scanspeak...
  3. Gringoaudio1

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

Yes sorry you are correct. The music is so anthemic that it seemed like patriotic pap. I should have given him more credit as there are music and lyrics by him that I love. But I stand by not liking the way it sounds. I will not be so quick to judge before fully understanding a song again. A bit...
  4. Gringoaudio1

I’d hate it just as much for the mention of any country. Canadian patriots are just as dumb. Nationalism sucks! Oops sorry a political statement. Not really. I don’t stand for one side or another. But Robin L. above blames those who co-opted his music for nationalistic purposes. He is probably...
  5. Gringoaudio1

Born in the USA! About a hundred years ago! At the same time, one of my favourite albums of all time is one of his: The Ghost of Tom Joad
  6. Gringoaudio1

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

There is a set of double impact speakers in Victoria BC which is quite close to Amir. $3000 Cdn which is $2300 US.
  7. Gringoaudio1

Small 2-way speakers with linear on-axis and power response characteristics (Scan Speak and SB Acoustics drivers). H&V off-axis measurements included

I have seen the standard box and port calculators online where you enter the T/S parameters but none that create port sizes given an input tuning frequency. Can you point me in the right direction please? Thanks.
  8. Gringoaudio1

Where can I find list of most cost effective cars - $ per 100km

Use ChatGPT. I barely Google anymore.
  9. Gringoaudio1

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Oh my yes. The stories I could tell. It happens in every industry. Sales guys with no science or technical knowledge sell an idea and we have to execute no matter how dumb.
  10. Gringoaudio1

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Send in the clowns… Science is amazingly accurate. That we can build particle accelerators like CERN shows to what incredibly fine precision science operates at. Just one example. My father is a nuclear physicist and engineer and designed parts of a huge particle accelerator. He and his...
  11. Gringoaudio1

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

Rush. Still don’t get the appeal and I’m Canadian like they are.
  12. Gringoaudio1

Are you kidding? Have you read this thread? This is 100 pages of discussion about Eric calling out Erin and Amir for doing measurements wrong while out of the other side of his mouth saying measurements don’t matter. It’s a shit show. This site is about engineering excellence and good...
  13. Gringoaudio1

Where can I download good quality music for free?

Get the basic free Spotify account. It has all the good music. Oh you want good audio quality music. Nothing good is free.
  14. Gringoaudio1

A simulation is not a measurement.
  15. Gringoaudio1

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Reviewers of anything from cars to motorcycles to kitchen appliances should be asked to join. This could be a huge win for consumer rights.
  16. Gringoaudio1

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

There’s no accounting for taste!
  17. Gringoaudio1

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Exactly. They (Genelec) look like laundry room appliances. Yuk!
  18. Gringoaudio1

What did Gene suffer?
  19. Gringoaudio1

Truly shows the level of (in)competence. Just because you have stuffed boxes with drivers for 40 years doesn’t make you a subject matter expert. Stuff enough boxes and you will get an idea of what works. Even the blind squirrel eventually finds a nut.
  20. Gringoaudio1

You mean Borderline Personality Disorder?
Top Bottom