Search results

1. PalmtopNihilist

Looking For Headphone Amp With Always-On Passthrough

Unfortunately the DX3Pro+ is going back - Despite what the manual suggests, it doesn't seem like the rear RCA output volume can actually be fixed at 100%, even in "DAC" mode. As soon as you start adjusting the volume from the front if you have headphones plugged in, the rear RCA volume will also...
  2. PalmtopNihilist

I decided I'd give the DX3Pro a shot - also handy to have as a second playback zone for JRiver Media Center and continue to use my SU-8v2 so I can take advantage of separate zone EQ in Jriver when I have friends over and they're using different cans.
  3. PalmtopNihilist

Per title - looking for a relatively well measuring but CHEAP headphone amp that has an always-on passthrough, similar to how the THX-789 did it. Have been looking at the Topping lower-range stuff but seems like they only have passthroughs that are active when the amps are off, which is a no go...
  4. PalmtopNihilist

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

@esm Out of curiosity what phone are you powering this with? I'm looking forward to some feedback from folks receiving the G2 and testing it with a variety of devices - I'm seriously considering the G2 so I can pair it with the Galaxy S8 to replace my DAP but am a little concerned about OTG...
Top Bottom