1. R

AMP/DAC for AKG and Sennheiser cans

I am new to the audiophile arena and need some advice/recommendations on an amp/dac for my AKG K7xx (Q701) and potentially HD8xx when that comes out. From my understanding, OTL tube amps or "warmer" amp/dac combos are best for the HD800s, but I'm looking to stick with solid state and have...
  2. RickSanchez

Massdrop 789 vs. Monoprice 887 vs. SMSL SP200: THX amp measurement comparison

Due to the Green Bay Packers having a bye week (i.e., I have a little more free time than usual today) I thought it would be interesting to compare three high-performing and relatively budget THX headphone amplifiers: the Drop (Massdrop) THX AAA 789 vs. the Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 vs. the...
  3. Mr. J

THX 789 Buzzing Noise

First off Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I'm not exactly new to ASR as I've been browsing for close to 2 years now. I figured now is a good time to make an account since I've really dived into audio this past year and I am really enjoying it. Anyway, I first noticed something with...
  4. Azeia

Confusion regarding JDS Labs Atom power vs THX AAA 789 power

Hello, I'm new here, although I've been lurking and reading the reviews for a few weeks now. I hope this is the right place to post this question, I saw other posts asking for recommendations, etc, so I thought this was as good a forum as any to ask. My question relates to the power...
  5. A

Comparing Massdrop THX 789 and RME ADI-2 DAC's amp

hello guys, I have been eyeing these two devices for the past few weeks, I know in theory the massdrop should perform better than the RME, however in a practical sense will i hear any meaningful difference with my ears? Thanks.
  6. Sythrix

Massdrop THX AAA 789 ending shortly. First measurement posted.

I've been interested in this amp for a while and now it's near ending. I don't know if it was due to my complaining about the fact that there were none, but they've posted a measurement on the website. I was wondering if anyone could take a look and tell me what you think. I'm not very...
Top Bottom