thx aaa 789

1. L

Topping E30 or DX3pro as DAC for 789?

I'm looking for a DAC to plug into my THX AAA 789. I'm new to this and have had the THX for a week. Lots has been discussed on this but I managed to grab a DX3pro, after reading the great review on this site, from Drop. It was about $180. That's not going to ship until June 26th which gives...
  2. H

Getting the most from my setup? 8 Questions

Over the past year I've been collecting equipment for a most excellent home listening experience :cool: Currently I have the following kit: - JDS Labs Atom Amp. - SMSL SU-8 DAC - Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp (unopened) - Senheiser HD 58x (stock cable) - DIY interconnect RCA cables (Connectronics...
  3. M

RME DAC Question

Hello, This is my first post here. I’ve been reading through Amir’s reviews the past few days while looking into what I should get. For the past few years I’ve been using the Schiit Jotunheim with Focal Elex headphones, but I recently got the THX 789 so I would like to purchase a balanced DAC...
  4. Azeia

Confusion regarding JDS Labs Atom power vs THX AAA 789 power

Hello, I'm new here, although I've been lurking and reading the reviews for a few weeks now. I hope this is the right place to post this question, I saw other posts asking for recommendations, etc, so I thought this was as good a forum as any to ask. My question relates to the power...
  5. Shoaibexpert

Audio (Single ended, Balanced XLR etc.) cable providers

Hi, I've been upgrading my audio setup and as I moved along the journey, I've noticed that with the kind of costs balanced XLR cables have... They easily have the potential to cost just about most of the reasonable DAC+AMP Combos themselves... Sometimes more! This is especially true of you have...
  6. Shoaibexpert

Single Ended DAC - Balanced VS Unbalanced on THX AAA 789

I am new to High End audio and have the Dragonfly Red (single Ended) DAC and have the Massdrop THX 789 Amp that has both balanced and single ended inputs and outputs.. My question is since the DAC is single ended, would connecting the DAC to the Dual XLR inputs of the Amp using a 3.5mm to dual...
  7. X

DAC suggestion for THX AAA 789

Hello guys Im currently using Audio-GD NFB-11 (VIA shit usb interface) with Hifiman Sundara and Eve Audio TS107+SC205. I recently bought THX AAA 789 on massdrop so i am looking for new DAC for my active speakers and headphones. Which unit would be ideal for my use ? - Topping dx7 - SMSL SU-8...
  8. D

Overview of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I finally got my THX AAA 789 from massdrop. I decided to record my experience down before I forget. The THX amp came in a hard cardboard box, with very well packaged hard foam inside to hold the amp. After setting the amp up, the first thing I noticed is that the DC power plug (the connector...
Top Bottom