• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A hardware hint for streamer projects

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't know the EU market but that seems like a lot of money for something with a 2-3 generation old processor, eMMC storage and not a lot of heat sink.

I'd expect to pay about half that, or alternately, I'd expect an N100 and a real SSD at that price.

Alternately alternately, you could get 3 or 4 used Wyze 5070s with basically the same hardware and some office dust on them for that money, or a box of 3040s, if you feel like tinkering in the used market.

If you just want an RPi killer there are lot of OrangePi etc variants that would be better value IMO

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was casually surfing in web now at saturday evening and found accidentally a great proposition for everyone who is searching a pc for Volumio, LibreElec and so.

Looks like a real "Rpi killer" :D

And in Black Friday discount too!
MeLe quiter series are indeed a good value proposition. I got two doing random stuff at home.

You can get the 3C version with a newer processes and a bit more eMMC storage a lot cheaper on Amazon US actually.

Top Bottom