• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Analogue sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidaliser

I've got to the point of feeling my DAC is a harsh sound, perhaps brittle so I'm thinking I need a more analogue sound, a more natural sound.

I've recently bought a Caymin RU6, a small R2R DAC, I'm still experimenting with it but I'm moving strongly to buying a Denafrips Ares II

Is the Denafrips Ares II (+12.1) the best R2R DAC in the price bracket ?

Any thoughts also on PCM causing some sort of physiological effects, as claimed by Mark Levinson in this interview

He's apparently solving it with a product of course 'C wave technology'.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've got to the point of feeling my DAC is a harsh sound, perhaps brittle so I'm thinking I need a more analogue sound, a more natural sound.

I've recently bought a Caymin RU6, a small R2R DAC, I'm still experimenting with it but I'm moving strongly to buying a Denafrips Ares II

Is the Denafrips Ares II (+12.1) the best R2R DAC in the price bracket ?

Any thoughts also on PCM causing some sort of physiological effects, as claimed by Mark Levinson in this interview

He's apparently solving it with a product of course 'C wave technology'.
Mark Levinson is selling some wild BS these days. The recent patent applications in his name are absolutely nuts.

Using an inexpensive modern DAC with good performance would be an easy way to rule out the DAC as the source of any harshness in your setup.

Unless you're trolling, of course.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom