• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone heard these DACs?

OP
B

betatester1

Hello,

I would like to purchase this usb DAC:

usb dac CS43131
link: (might be deleted?)
fd
link

Currently I am rocking my motherboard audio which is ALC892.

Will this be enough of upgrade for my Takstar Pro 82 to shine?
I need maximum details, imaging.

Thanks !

Zek

Major Contributor
Maybe you will find something interesting on this page...

Zek

Major Contributor
Why did you open two threads on the same topic?

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
dc-05 too bassy and less detail
Your two separate Threads on the same question have been consolidated here. In the future refrain from duplicate posts as this can be seen as Spaming a Forum. The results of that conclusion will be the closure of your account. Post your questions and inquiries in one place and wait for replies. Please and thank you.

Welcome Aboard!

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I wouldn't just assume it's going to be better, especially since you didn't mention specific complaints with your current setup. If you're not hearing background noise the "sound quality" probably won't be any better.

If you can't get loud enough without distortion you probably need a headphone amp or a DAC with more-powerful headphone amp.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
dc-05 too bassy and less detail
I thought the iBasso DC05 had a nice all around sound, but later today I'll use it (test it) to see about a bass or detail issue.

Edit, just found and used my DC05, it might be slightly more bassy, than my Hifimediy DAC.
Hifimediy might offer slightly better detail.

How about the FiiO KA3?

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
The DC05 had some serious issues at launch, so make sure you have the latest firmware on yours @Rottmannash
SMPTE-Ratio-2-1-1024x840.jpg
Blue before, Red after

Top Bottom