• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2016: Wilson Audio

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Open to the public, AXPONA offers a variety of ticket options for attendees.
Ticket prices: one day pass $25; two day pass $45; 3 day pass $55; VIP pass $125; Industry pass $55; and student pass available on Sunday $5.

AXPONA Chicago 2016 was, by all accounts, a success. JD Events, who stage the show, report that they sold 5934 tickets, a 16% increase over 2015. .

On Sunday, the show's experimental Student Day program, which offered a $5 rate for most college students and free admission for students from two partner colleges, drew 137 attendees.

D

Deleted member 12

Then why would they choose to demo their speakers in that room with that set-up?

Tim
Tim, your guess is as good as mine. However, the size of the room tends to lead credence to the product and the exhibitor. Same as why people buy the 'label'. This would be my "guess"....:)

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I remember seeing a frequency response graph of a pair of big Wilsons from an anechoic chamber. Looked like someone had applied what we bassplayers like to call a "smiley face EQ":

StreamImage.aspx

If I hadn't know the graph was from a pair of Wilsons, my first guess would have been Cerwin Vega.

Top Bottom