• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Yep :) on 11/11 there's single's day biggest sales time in China, you could buy a Topping DX3 which seems to be ideal for your use case. The Topping DX3 on 11/11 is $197.99 instead of $219.99, you could get $3 new customer discount and $10 11/11 discount, $8 off every $150 spent, so looking at around $175. Still a lot more than your budget..

OR like @Cahudson42 says you could get a $9 apple usb-c adapter, a 3.5mm interconnect cable and use as amp a Topping NX3S ($69,99 from amazon) or a JDS Atom (around $100). The apple usb-c is just fine, but you could later upgrade it to something else should you be so inclined... The atom also has a pre-amp function for speakers which is pretty cool.

Note that some of these coupons cannot be stacked or expire before 11.11 . So the end price may not reach the US$175 target.

From what I can see, one should be able to stack the US$3/- coupon, with the US$8/- "select coupons" onto the US$197.99 price. Giving a final price of US$186.99.

Rijimiriru

the k3 has a weak amp when powerung single ended headphones. if you can stretch your budget for the k5 pro as a desktop not portable amp, i think you'll be happier

How happier? Because that's more than double the price :[
Is it worth delaying my purchase to save up and buy the K5 pro? Or should I go with the K3 and upgrade later on down the line?
I mean I've only ever had my sound directly coming our of my motherboards audio card.
Won't the K3 provide me with a significant upgrade to that?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

DrFlimFlam

My Topping DX3 Pro was lost while moving house, is there anything equivalent now for about 150-200?

what would be the best choice today?

It would be used with headphones and an auto amplified 2.1 monitor system, but I can use with them also de headphone minijack if necessary, so even a dragonfly red could fit if needed.

Top Bottom