• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Music for Equipment Reviews and Listening Pleasure

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have already thanked you on your relevant thread, but would just like to point out how magnificent it is - for anyone here or in search of excellent sampling music. To paraphrase Lawrence Oates: "I'm just going inside and may be some time!"

So much to explore.

Thank you for your kind attention on my that specific thread sharing "Reference Quality Music Playlist".
[Part-00] Introduction: #587
[Part-01] Full Orchestral Music: #588
[Part-02] Solo Piano Music: #590
[Part-03] Typical(?) Smooth Jazz Music with Guitar: #591
[Part-04] Bimmel Bolle Antique Orgel; Extremely High-Energy High-Frequency Sharp Transient sound: #592
[Part-05] Color Spectrum of Tracks in CBS/Sony's "Super Audio Check CD": #593
[Part-06] Female Vocal in Jazz and Popular Music, and One Male Vocal Track for Comparison: #596
[Part-07] Female Vocal and Counter Tenor in Early Classical Music: #639
[Part-08] (Smooth?) Jazz Trio: #640
[Part-09] Organ Music: #641
[Part-10] Lute Music: #642
[Part-11] Violin Music: #643
[Part-12] Cello Music: #644
[Part-13] Harpsichord (Cembalo, Clavecin) Music: #645
[Part-14] Piano Concertos: #650
[Part-15] Again, CBS/Sony's "Super Audio Check CD": Analyzed by Adobe Audition 3.0.1 and MusicScope 2.1.0: #651
[Part-16] A Cappella Chorus and A Cappella Vocal Ensemble: #652
[Part-17] Excellent Quality Music Tracks, But Containing Unacceptably High Gain Low-Frequency Air Conditioning Noises; What Counter Measures Can We Have? #658
[Part-18] An Interlude or Provisional Finale of the Post Series: #669
and,
Updated, the latest, Audio Sampler Playlist as of October 20, 2022: #670

I would be very happy if the thread and posts thereof would be somewhat worthwhile for many of our ASR friends, and your participation on the thread and on my multichannel project thread (where I shared each of the "Reference Playlist" series posts) will be highly welcome and appreciated!:)

Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My method is to use quality recordings of strings. Cello, Violin and Piano especially. Timbral accuracy is important to me and strings are the most difficult to reproduce accurately.

Just for your possible interest and reference, you would please find on my project thread;
- Excellent Recording Quality Music Albums/Tracks for Subjective (and Possibly Objective) Test/Check/Tuning of Multichannel Multi-Driver Multi-Way Multi-Amplifier Time-Aligned Active Stereo Audio System and Room Acoustics; at least a Portion and/or One Track being Analyzed by Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition in Common Parameters:
[Part-02] Solo Piano Music: #590
[Part-11] Violin Music: #643

[Part-12] Cello Music: #644

And also this post #13 (violin music) on my another thread entitled "Music for Testing Treble (High Frequency) Sound".

Last edited:
OP
D

Dgob

Attachments

• Bass & Sub-Bass Tests.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Womaz

A list of a very eclectic mix of styles.

Wow what a great video . Some i have never heard of and some memories flooding back too. Brilliant

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My recommendation is to use recordings with many instruments, a wide frequency range and high dynamic. Works for large Symphony orchestra like Mahlers 2nd symphony. Or very dense recordings like The Grudge by Tool. Good systems let you hear more of the individual instruments and make it easier to follow their songlines.

Last 7 minutes, play as loud as possible:

Last edited:

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Thats why equipment demos use solo voice and guitar and sparse drums. The dense stuff turns to mush on inferior gear. I have always wondered how Fast Car became a standard for testing speakers when it falls into the "easy" category.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This crescendo is very impressive. Saw it live recently - just wow.

OP
D

Dgob

I just came across this playlist from another reviewer. Many of you might already have seen this, but I found it had some useful new additions:

OP
D

Dgob

For those who didn't attend the Munich 2023 Hi End Hifi Show, these are some of the tracks used to demonstrate the exhibitors' various wares.

Attachments

• Hifi Show (Munich 2023).zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom