• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluetooth receiver

OP
C

coonmanx

Wait, what do you mean by "the roommate is already streaming to an Amazon Echo"?
I don't know. I heard him listening to music through his tiny "smart speaker". Been a while since I made that comment. We might be having to move out since he is an alcoholic who won't take responsibility for anything. So that comment can probably be ignored anyway.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was looking on Ebay and saw units for around $10 up to $30. Am I missing something. Do I need more than that?
It depends on what one is streaming from. My Bluesound Node 2 didn't have a Bluetooth transmitter but its optical and coax out were both on at the same time. Solution, a $30 BT transmitter from Amazon, coax went to my Topping DAC > amp > speakers and optical to BT transmitter. Sounded great an all BT HPs. Down side: remembering to turn down the amp/speakers when using BT. Buy a transmitter with an antenna for better range. Not a HP fanatic, just late night and early mornings so as not to disturb others.

Top Bottom