• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget Power Amps for Speakers from Emotiva, Outlaw and Schiit

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Based on recommendations here I added a Buckeye HYPEX NC502MP this month to power a pair of Revel F208s. 4 channel, it’ll help with the C208 or the M106s too. Switching from the 110 wpc of a 9040 AVR to 350 has brought out depth and definition far more than before. Unfortunately I don’t possess the technical expertise y’all do, but it has brought pure enjoyment and appreciation.
Congrats. Mostly depends on what levels/distances but a more powerful amp can be helpful....

MCarden

Congrats. Mostly depends on what levels/distances but a more powerful amp can be helpful....
Last night I ordered the Emotiva BasX A3 to help a Marantz 100 wpc that had frequently gone into protection mode at volume. The Paradigm speakers developed one blown tweeter and others on the way out. This helps alleviate fear of the expensive replacements doing the same.
I’ll try and report back later with thoughts about the BasX.

Top Bottom