• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BURSON CONDUCTOR 3x

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor

Nango

Major Contributor
You should have asked the vendor to sent to ASR and they back to you after testing, that's the way it works ;-)

Anubhav

Forum Donor
Dont bother doing a review .
I did an instore test with Questyle CMA12, iFI iCan Pro and Burson 3 here in Sydney (where Burson makes this)

It distorts beyond volume level 40 when connected to RME ADI DAC Line Out to 0db ,and RCA connected to this amp.

Had high hopes from this but it failed miserably.
My Questyle CMA600i is heaps better.

manueljenkin

Dont bother doing a review .
I did an instore test with Questyle CMA12, iFI iCan Pro and Burson 3 here in Sydney (where Burson makes this)

It distorts beyond volume level 40 when connected to RME ADI DAC Line Out to 0db ,and RCA connected to this amp.

Had high hopes from this but it failed miserably.
My Questyle CMA600i is heaps better.

Hi Anubhav, did you check the line out level of the RME (whether it was 2v or 5v)? With my experience with burson fun, 5v input source is likely to input clip the amp beyond a point. I have the apogee groove which puts out 5v and it distorts the amp at full volume. Turning the level down to 2v made everything back to normal again, no distortion at whatever pot level on the fun.

Also, from what I know, burson conductor is an all in one with its own dac. Why not try it with the built in dac?

Last edited:
Top Bottom