• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buyer Beware of accessories4less Scam company with legit dealer license

Ssmokeyy

So i have been looking for the best spot to put this post. I feel that our community Needs to know this info. My friend ordered 2 def tech dm20 center channel speakers that he was going to use for this front atmos speakers above his 139 inch screen. I opened the boxes they claim were new speakers. Every thing looked correct So I ohms checked the speakers and found zero ohms, I did a 9v battery test no sound, hooked it up to his upstairs living room system that runs off a anthem mrx540 avr that runs all goldenear speakers.
i tested the upstairs system with goldenear center first removed center test dm20 no sound installed goldenear center back sound working fine from center. So now i tell my friend he needs to email accessories4less for a warranty. At this point i know its not normal to have 2 brand new speakers not working but that's what were dealing with at this point. So they email him back saying there's no chance of two speakers not working and that they don't want the speaker back. Also they put in the email u can't ohms check speakers because they have a crossover. I laughed at that one. So i called and told the manager of all the ways we tested them, He still did not want to warranty the speakers out. After talking on the phone for 20 mins he changed his mind about the warranty. He sent one label for two speakers so I taped both speakers together and sent them both back. He than tells me def tech is out of stock and they can't send my friend any warranty speakers and that it would be months of waiting. I called def tech and had them check stock levels they said stock levels look good they have some for the website and for dealers. I asked def tech if accessories4less was a legit dealer and they said yes. so i asked if they could help with this problem. They said no because its been less than 30 days and that accessories4less has to take care of this problem for now. So as all this is happening i could see how things were going so i found another dealer of def tech and had them check stock level and they said no problem with stock. So accessories4less got back the speakers and claim there working normal and that there refunding the money less restocking fee , shipping cost both ways. I still do not believe these speakers work, They never said there would be a shipping fee to send them back plus there charging him shipping to him the first time when there website list free shipping all over it.

Funny that there billing him for shipping product to him and to take the product back. Do not trust this company. Def tech Needs to really look at there dealers better. If i wasn't as huge of a fan of def tech I would have put them on blast also. My main goal here is to save other people the trouble and not to get taken like my friend did. Also we have now ordered the same speakers from another dealer. There was no shady crap from my friend here. He ordered some speakers and just wanted them to work. Also accessories4less lost 2 -3 more sales from my friend. He's building his pool house this year and he wants outside sound system plus a pool house sound system.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I remembering buying a new white Polk S30 (From Polk Directly). I wasn't too happy about the color not matching but it was new, still I remember sending it back to them. It was a fight but I one although there was return "fees" which was fine honestly for my selfishiness . First purchase was with A4L, it was a brown refurb Polk S20 (That costed a little more then the new S30). Came with all manuals and OG box, never had a problem with it. Heck I even demo'ed the two S30's and they sounded the same. I can't remember the S30 prices but they were cheaper then new still. More then a year A4L later was selling refurb black Polk S20's for $250. I remember when those S20s were ~$200 to $300 brand new everywhere and I don't think I'll seen them again, so I bought them. Almost same story, came with everything like it was new but I never tested them, maybe I should test them. Seeing the Polk ES20 sell new for $400 is just a joke. Nowadays the Elac D2 B62's stomp the ES20, used to be a fair fight back then.

I never knew A4L sold new items, I thought they only sold Refurb. Both items were either barely used or warehouse back specials like Crutchfield used to have (Like the RTIa series).

Top Bottom