• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CES 2024

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The McIntosh looks impressive

It is audio jewelry for sure, but the person who can afford this is the person with the listening room large enough to need this kind of power.

The MC462 did well at Stereophile and Erin’s Audio Corner, and the MC2KW has better “advertised” spec than the MC462.

This one does not have any advertised specs but should be even better than the MC2KW. If I win the lottery, I am picking this up *and* sending it in for testing ;)

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Objective measurements don't fully support my highest honors but my listening test results do. So it is my pleasure to give a strong recommend to Ikea SYMFONISK picture frame speaker by Sonos." Says Amir, so maybe he will test the Samsung Frame. One the few times something wins on listening.

beeface

The McIntosh looks impressive

It is audio jewelry for sure, but the person who can afford this is the person with the listening room large enough to need this kind of power.

The MC462 did well at Stereophile and Erin’s Audio Corner, and the MC2KW has better “advertised” spec than the MC462.

This one does not have any advertised specs but should be even better than the MC2KW. If I win the lottery, I am picking this up *and* sending it in for testing ;)

I'm not a fan of McIntosh aesthetics, but their amps would for sure be on my shortlist if I won the lottery, just because of the performance

BTW, if you did send it to Amir for testing, make sure you pay for some white glove movers to help him out ;)

ripmixburn

Forum Donor
One of the key researchers (and professional colleague of mine), Allan Devantier, left and started the Samsung audio lab. He carried with him many of the learnings at Harman. His focus is for soundbars, and to some extent phones. His team may have been involved in that. Interestingly, post acquisition of Harman, they retained their role independent of Harman folks. So to some extent the answer to your question is "yes" although likely Allan's group and not the rest of the folks we know from Harman.
I’ve seen some impressive measurements, though in-room, of Samsung latest soundbars on rtings.com. Given the recent Sonos review, would be something to have a soundbar reviewed here that blew everyone’s expectations out of the water. What a time!

ti33er

For years now there has been no audio section at CES. There are some dealer events and such but it is not a whole lot.

Projector companies go there but there is usually long lines to get in. CEDIA tends to be better in that regard.
…in case anyone hasn’t spotted this CES Projectors -
:cool:

Top Bottom